Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

My gq patrol was working fine until I played around with the auto choke now it doesn't start in the morning unless I put abit of fuel down the Carby. (Car is on full tank)

Anyone know what the issue could be? Auto choke is still disconnected. No idea how to re-connect lol.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Year model? What did you do to "play around" with it.What did you disconnect?Mechanical or electrical? Remove airfilter,does the choke butterfly close when you open and close throttle (engine cold). If not check choke heating element is correctly rotated to close choke butterfly on cold engine. If choke butterfly is closed and engine starts does choke butterfly open as engine warms up.Choke heater element should heat up and turn choke off when engine started..
Check choke cam(small plastic cam just under choke heater element). Is this opening throttle butterfly when accell. is depressed and released(cold engine). This cam has steps on it to allow different idle speed as engine warms up(operated by choke heater element) Bon Chance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 1990 gq Carby.
I leaned out the auto choke.
I've noticed the butterfly is always left opened.
So I pretty much have to adjust the choke so it has to be closed during the morning

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey mate thanks for the reply. I've solved it. Want the auto choke at all. I forgot I was playing with the fuel mixture screw and leaned it out too far. So I richen it and. Problem solved

1 - 4 of 4 Posts