Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Has anyone ever replaced the Brushes in the Electric Window Motors for a GQ TROL?
If so, where did you get the brushes ? Auto Electrician or NISSAN ?

Regards,
Tom
'93 ST TD42 TROL

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
those motors are a PITA.. I replaced 3-4 of them over the years.. never replaced brushes though. I'd highly doubt Nissan would sell them, they probably sell the whole door.

Speak with an autospark first.

Reactions: grumpyone

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
I'm looking into replacing at least one of the window motors on my GQ since the windings are shot (blackened in at least 1/2 of it). I tried just cleaning up the brushes but it didn't make an difference. It did get me thinking about replacement brushes though and I think the best option (if you can't track down originals) would be to shape some from some Tamiya/Mabuchi or similar motor brushes. I've got some spare brushes from a high power motor that could easily be filed down to the right shape since they're a very soft metal. It'd be fiddly but would work. Other than that, I'd go for some 2nd hand motors from any other Nissan. I'm looking at a set of Skyline motors on Ebay and swapping over the parts I need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this is an old thread but as I was browsing for a solution to this problem, here's my contribution. I just bought the cheapest carbon brush that I can find from our local hardware, and took some measurements from the working one. (i didn't take notes, as I was scratching the makita carbon brush on the fly) I then cut it using dremel, after a few minutes... there you go :) one issue that I experience when I put it back on the vehicle is that it wont go up, but i will go down, I removed it from the window, grounded it to the vehicle and let it run for a few minutes, I think that did set the new carbon brush in, after that rolling the window up is a breeze.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts