Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some minor heat issues with my NA TD42 up a few hills on the freeways recently, nothing major but i want to tackle it before it becomes an issue, looking at replacing the radiator as she's an 89 and still has the factory radiator in her!

Looking at one of the two below model:

48mm 3ROW Copper Brass H Duty Nissan Patrol GQ Y60 Diesel Manual 87 97 Radiator | eBay

Nissan Patrol Diesel GQ Radiator 87 97 3 ROW Manual Copper Heavy Duty 48mm Thick | eBay

Any ideas on which one would be helpful (prefer the brass/copper models to alloy), both are roughly the same and should do a great job id hope. Looking at replacing the thermostat and clutch fan while i do it also!

Mick

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
replace water pump with genuine one as well.genuine will have a cast impellor where after market will be tin plate.either radiator will do.

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
replace water pump with genuine one as well.genuine will have a cast impellor where after market will be tin plate.either radiator will do.
Sweet i was looking at that today. Patrolapart have a high-flow pump but with quite a large difference in price! Any idea how much of an advantage it would give? I'm assuming the factory pump would be more than adequate.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
i think a genuine water pump with new radiator,fan clutch and thermostat would be more than enough.get a genuine thermostat as well,roadrunner sell a nissan pump works clutch for around $130.i fitted one to my tb42 and it reduced the temp,aftermarket fan clutches aren't up to scratch

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, i had a look at those yesterday. Cheers for the help mate!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts