Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wagon has gone through many many changes, heres some info.

original

Then it had a cheap 2" kit

Then 3" dump pipe and exhaust

Boost controller and guage

Snorkel

Then 285/75-16 silverstone sports on new rims with cruiser offset

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then put a decent 4" lift in it and modified crossmember

EGT guage

Then upgraded the standard airbox to a donaldson

Front mount intercooler

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used thermos for a while but went back to the reliability of a new clutch fan

Then managed this little hiccup

Bought another 1 with a blown motor to change all the good parts onto including motor/box, interior, suspension, wheels, diffs, snorkel etc :confused:

Got sliders and a bullbar

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ARB compressor and 2-way

GT2560R

New coopers 255/85-16 bit taller and bit skinnier than the 33s and much better on road and in sand.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water/Air intercooler with custom turbo inlet, IC piping and reservior, modified plenum chamber and radiator for IC water. Modified catch can too.

Now it has 3" springs.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the new turbo is pretty good, was a tight fit had to spin the compressor housing and with the standard inlet it used to hit on the engine mount but now have a custom 1 made up which fits great. Also had to re mount the actuator and extend the shaft. Was a bit laggy with the big front mount i had on it but its better with current setup and mid-top end it pulls and revs really good, plus egts with fuel up quite a bit never see over 450 even up a big hill in top gear.

The coopers on it atm are actually about 34" tall and it still goes really well, id love to throw some standard size tyres on it for a burn around the block i reckon it would really hammer!

May get a retune, more fuel and dyno. :cool:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Started getting it ready for the quarter chop and rear bar. Moved the wiring up higher in the guards and wired up the new tail lights which have the indicator.

These are the main mounting points for the rear bar which should be pretty strong.

I've got some steel to start the rest of the bar so it shouldn't be that far off. :cool:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More progress on the rear quarter chop.

Have to buy some body filler tomorrow and tidy it up then paint, then rear bar starts.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the other side cut off and plated. And bogged and primed both sides ready for paint tomorrow.

·
Registered
nissan
769 Posts
Top work mate

really like the look of the water/air system you got plumbed in!!

keep the pics coming

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
With the old intercooler and a little bit less fuel it made 124HP and 790ftlb of torque at rear wheels on standard tyres.

Feels quicker since i changed intercooler and turned up main fuel screw slightly and also slightly turned up the boost compensator for more fuel when on boost.

Not sure on current power. Thinking of getting 4.88s hmmm.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts