Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,710 Posts
if the centres are the same mate then why not swap the gq centre into your gu diff? from what i have heard gu are alot stronger anyways

good luck

·
Registered
nissan
514 Posts
GQ and GU diffs are interchangable. Just need to make sure you swap out like for like. Eg H260 with H260, H233 with H233. H260 are physically bigger and theirfore will not fit into a 233 housing etc.

As Gassed GU suggested, GU diffs are wider however centres used are the same across both GQ and GU.

·
Registered
nissan
57 Posts
They 'll fit, the centers are the same. I also changed them. Don't forget too change the front one also.
Greetings Belgium

·
Registered
nissan
286 Posts
Pretty sure the 98 petrol (4.5L), will have the H260 rear diff in it.
As far as I know, the only GQ's that came out with this size diff was the leaf sprung utes.

Have a look at the transaxle code for both vehicles, yours I am sure will be HH39, meaning it is a
H260 rear diff with 3.9 : 1 ratio.
If the Gq diff is out of a leaf ute, it will be HH43 (H260 rear diff with 4.3 : 1 ratio)
If it is out of a coil wagon or ute, most likely it will be HG41 (H233 rear diff with 4.1 : 1 ratio)
All the front diff centres are the same, only the ratio changes.

So you really need to research the actual vehicles that you plan to do the swap with, there are to many variables.

Hope this clears it up a little.

Mick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.