Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have posted similar question in the electrical section but cant get help. Can anyone tell me if the light housing in the body that incorporates the red at the top and reverse underneath should be active when using the brakes? The only brake light that comes on when on the brakes is the small light at the top of the barn door. Should there be more than 1 working brake light? 96GQ St Wagon

·
Right Turn Clyde
nissan patrol
1,052 Posts
You have a series 2 GQ which has the brake lights in the bumpers and in the barn door.
The red section above the reverse light is a reflector, however you can modify it to take a brake globe by drilling a filing a hole to suit and bridging in to the existing brake wiring.

cheers.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
By the sound of it you have 2 blown brake lights. You should have at least 3 working. 2 in either the back or the bumper, and one eye level. One brake light is illegal and dangerous, so I'd be checking the globes asap. :)

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, i have found some dodgy wiring with the lights in the rear bumber. One of the connectors was cracked and held together with duct tape!! The brake lights work in the rear bar but dont work when the head lights are on so im assuming its just old wiring because the globes are fairly newand both filaments are intact. Is it possible to just use wire connectors instead of trying to source a new plug??

·
Registered
262 Posts
if brake lights dont work when tail lights are on, you have a bad earth.
easiest thing to do is get new globe holders, either nissan or wreckers.. If you dodge them up, they will just fail again.. they do cop a flogging in the bar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts