Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan safari
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
was wondering if any one could advise me on some good shocks for my swb gq...
i have had really bad experanice on shock in the pass and looking for sometyhing really soft so i can get lots of artic off road.
truck has two inch spring lift with stock shocks in atm and it just gets wheels up all the time

and also does the stabi off lever do much when four wheel driving?? i know what it does but does it improve truck much ?? :)

help would be awesome

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Hi Benzo. Welcome to the forum. First, get yourself some OME shocks (or whatever brand you prefer) of the correct length. Your problem isn't likely the shock but using stock length shocks with a 2" lift. That's what is limiting your articulation. And yes, disconnecting the rear sway bar increases articulation off road - otherwise would Nissan go to all the expense of creating this option. I wish they also did the same for the front. Still this is better than what the competition offers. Just remember to re-engage the sway bar when you hit the pavement and want to do 90 kph around the corners.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
414 Posts
Hey mate I dunno much the safaris but I run no sway bars in my gu and I find no problems at all aye, but yer get ya self some 2" shocks and you won't have the problem anymore. Best option is look around for what's in your price range you will find something. Good luck with it

·
Registered
nissan safari
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea :) i had a terrano/ pathfinder before i got my safari and put some raw shocks in it when i lifted the springs and the ride became really bumpy and not soft.... so i was looking for a really soft shock but it hard to test them before you buy them

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Get them from someone who knows how to match them to your springs and the weight you will have.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
hey
was wondering if any one could advise me on some good shocks for my swb gq...
i have had really bad experanice on shock in the pass and looking for sometyhing really soft so i can get lots of artic off road.
truck has two inch spring lift with stock shocks in atm and it just gets wheels up all the time

and also does the stabi off lever do much when four wheel driving?? i know what it does but does it improve truck much ?? :)

help would be awesome
Connect your rear sway bar.
Get softer front coils.
Make sure your castor bushes are rubber, something better then GQ solid bushes. pm me for more info on bushes.
If all those boxes are ticked try our flexy coils.
I will pm you about shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts