1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

im guessing im the only one.... no one else can be this much of a numpty

but i keep the threading the seat bolts. the ones that bolt the chair in the floor pan. its not a massive issue cause ive helicoiled the threaded ones out.

but i just stripped a helicoled one. drive side seat front bolt trans tunnel side

are the seat bolts a pain for anyone else?

can i re coil a heli coil ?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Mate, you aren't the only one. I've stripped a couple in the last decade or so. So cheer up :)

And as for re helicoiling a helicoil, haven't done that but maybe running a tap through will wind the damaged helicoil out? Good luck with it!!

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
drill the nut out and weld a new nut under it of cut it off and put a new nut there

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
hey guys

im guessing im the only one.... no one else can be this much of a numpty

but i keep the threading the seat bolts. the ones that bolt the chair in the floor pan. its not a massive issue cause ive helicoiled the threaded ones out.

but i just stripped a helicoled one. drive side seat front bolt trans tunnel side

are the seat bolts a pain for anyone else?

can i re coil a heli coil ?

Why are you threading the seat bolts??? - threading = cutting a thread on or in with a tap or die
Why are using chairs for seats?:confused:
Yes seat bolts can be a PITA that's why you take your time and clean up the threads so they start and go mostly in by hand:)

Just trying to decipher your english:D

I doubt you be able to recoil a helicoil, may be able to get old helicoil out and fit a new but just as fast to fit new nuts as hz350 said, get a plate to fit in and weld nut to it, check before installing.

·
Registered
nissan
652 Posts
been there done that on a customers car that came in with the problem I had to cut the head off the bolt take the seat out drill the bolt out and retap the hole you've just got to start them by hand and check the threads they strip really easy

I always start the inside front one first cause thats the one that was stripped one the car i fixed and it was a ***** to fix

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
its nissans ****ty bloody fine threads they strip real easily and nissan love them. they are everywhere. as said either try removing the old helicoil or replace the nut. might even be able to grab a hold of the end of the helicoil andjust pull it out. its only shaped wire after all.

mind you i didnt really think it was possible to strip a helicoil haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts