Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey people,i had a search but couldnt find what i was looking for.

are there differences in the suspension on the series 1 and 2???

also are there differences in suspension between petty and diesel???

the reason i ask is that i was comparing my 1988 td42 to my mates 94 tb and his steering dampner connects from steering to panhard,mine goes from steering to chassie.

also the front panhard mount on the chassie looks different and has bolts going through it

would like to know what all the differences are

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
pre 93 i think it is used the steering damper like yours then i aint sure why but they did change from then on. i think its propably more efficent like that.due to both arms being in the same degree range.
and early gq chassis had a habbit of ripping the panhard mounts out of the chassis. so nissan came up with a fix with a bolt on chassis brace to stop it happening agian.
apart from that the only difference after that is i think gu4 onwards use a rosejoint top rear panhard rod bush.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok mint, the steering dampener on the panhard would be a lot better because once you lift it there would be a massive angle from the chassie to the dampener mount on the steering arm. im guessing people just change to the later model style when they do a lift on the older ones.

cheers BeNos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts