Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked about new bushes for an 88 GQ rear swaybar in the GQ forum and used the search. No response. This is a bog stock standard swaybar and looks to me as if all it needs is a couple of new rubber or plastic bushes. All I found on search had to do with disconnectors.
It's been wet here (hasn't it everywhere?) and couldn't be buggered crawling around in the wet. Of course I'll do it eventually...all I'd like to know is whether there is anything else I should be looking at. Bar is clattering...not a safety issue, just needs attention.
Thanks.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
411 Posts
You definitely need to climb under. I thought that my bushes were gone as well until I climbed under and found the passenger side mount on the axle housing had pulled on the bolt enough to strip the threads an allow the bar to move around.

Cheers,
Nic

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nic...I just needed a push. Bruised my right arm a couple of weeks ago and have been dodging using it 'til it's right. Pretty well OK now so I'll stop thinking about what to do and talking about it and I'll actually do something. Funny how thinking and planning takes over when you are actually too lazy to do something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts