Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Ex 2003 Patrol GU 4.8 Safari, now LWB 4.2 carbi
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I am having a LOT of carburation gaps, despite having had the Nikki professional cleaned and tuned now a couple of times over a month. Mechanic says it is old and battered but he is unable to refurbish it.
I am thus considering the two following options for which I would like to hear if anyone has experience:
1) ship the Nikki to Recarb for refurbishment;
2) replace it with a Weber 38 - this is the kit

(Nissan Patrol GQ 4.2 38 DGMS Weber Kit Weber Performance Carburettors).

I am ruling out the Holley as according to forum’s review is heavier on fuel.

Note: I have run a search of the forum and read already some old feedback on Weber.

Anyone’s experience/ feedback will be appreciated.

Best regards

·
Registered
453 Posts
According to the add for the carby - it suits a nissan 2.0 litre engine. Don't know why it's listed for a TB42.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hello all.
I am having a LOT of carburation gaps, despite having had the Nikki professional cleaned and tuned now a couple of times over a month. Mechanic says it is old and battered but he is unable to refurbish it.
I am thus considering the two following options for which I would like to hear if anyone has experience:
1) ship the Nikki to Recarb for refurbishment;
2) replace it with a Weber 38 - this is the kit

(Nissan Patrol GQ 4.2 38 DGMS Weber Kit Weber Performance Carburettors).

I am ruling out the Holley as according to forum’s review is heavier on fuel.

Note: I have run a search of the forum and read already some old feedback on Weber.

Anyone’s experience/ feedback will be appreciated.

Best regards
Not much involved to refurbish a carby. Not sure what mechanic means by battered but I would get a second opinion, maybe he just doesn't know how to tune a carby.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts