Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, just wondering if a g35 fan will fit on a y60 TD42 patrol, been trying to find answers but some say the fitting bolt spacing is different and usually only works on y61 patrols as the spacing are the same.

Just wondering if buying only the fan will work or do i have to buy the whole setup viscous hub and a adapter, etc. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,115 Posts
Hey fellas, just wondering if a g35 fan will fit on a y60 TD42 patrol, been trying to find answers but some say the fitting bolt spacing is different and usually only works on y61 patrols as the spacing are the same.

Just wondering if buying only the fan will work or do i have to buy the whole setup viscous hub and a adapter, etc. Cheers
Can't help with the 35 fan info,but I have an R34 RB25fan on mine no problem.

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,115 Posts
They work any good? Like help the cooling a lot or just a little
I've never had the dreaded "kettle effect" with mine,only changed the fan as the std one was cracking around the hub and the RB one was available free(y),but it does seem quieter.

·
Registered
Gu TD42 series 3 wgn
67 Posts

Just wondering if buying only the fan will work or do i have to buy the whole setup viscous hub and a adapter,
/QUOTE]
Nissan Patrol GQ / GU TD42 Ultimate Fan Cooling Upgrade Kit going to try this myself

·
Registered
Gu TD42 series 3 wgn
67 Posts

Nissan Patrol GQ / GU TD42 Ultimate Fan Cooling Upgrade Kit try this one mate. Going to try this myself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Pootroll Did you do the fan/viscous hub upgrade? looking at it myself. Wondering if you had any probs?
Cheers
hey mate, i ended up going just with a ufi fan and a dayco thermostat off quikazz which are a little longer than the genuine ones. Probably the best upgrade i have done. I couldn’t even do 100kms without my gq getting over half way in temp. Now i can sit 110 without it even reaching halfway with 35s. Bit more expensive for the fan but its worth it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts