Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The Starter Motor is shot and I need to replace it. My service manual indicates I have an S13-118 model starter.

I have been looking on ebay for a replacement and saw an add for a 3.2KW starter. It is an S13-118A. Earlier posts in this forum say that GQ TD42 users have used this model starter, but I am concerned as the pinion shaft seems to extend further than the S13-118 model.

I have included a pic of the two models. Can someone confirm if either model will fit my patrol please?

Regards Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,201 Posts
looking at the photos, those 2 starters are very different configurations, not just in the shaft but also of the orientation of the motor/solenoid. I believe the one of the right with the short shaft is the standard configuration for my ute.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,201 Posts
cost of an overhaul tends to exceed the cost of a new chinese unit, plus the down time.

I made 1 good one out of 2 bad ones, then bought a new Hitachi one for over $600. The hitachi units are meant to be better and more resilient to water ingress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.