Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

GQ TD42 Wagon. Now UFI/DC powered.

4K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Dales Soota 
#1 ·
New member. Posting up my rig. Converted it from TB about 2 months ago to a TD that I built up.

Been running good has UFI 18g and DC6 230hp combo. Keeping it cool has proved rather difficult that I think I have that nutted now.

Couple of photos.... Currently in a million bits for front locker/rear shim.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Yeh I have thought about it. To be honest I impulse bought the intercooler and didn't really expect it to be up to the task but it is doing ok so just trying to enjoy it a bit. Was going to front mount if it didn't keep up.

Its been a long project and am very much over spinning spanners on it. It's had hurdles and I just need some seat time as the work never seems to end.

I'm also at the point where I can't just keep throwing money at it. Gotta grow up some day haha.

#8 ·
Nice rig mate, watched your video just looks like you need some decent rubber under her. Was that western track in the wet ?, heard someone say you need 35's because it is usually very drivable no matter what even when wet. I recognise the rock steps at the top of sunset track on Gentle annie track, the steps are a bit of fun if you have the clearance and tyres to take the harder lines. If you know Labertouche check out Robertsons track just past Rocky track good rock garden to play on with chicken run up the left for the pajero.

#9 ·
Yeh the problem is I like going touring and anything really aggressive is horrible on the road. I would maybe go 35s in Treps or MTZs.

Yeh that was Western, most messed up ive seen in, I drove it not all that long ago on the 33s in the wet, the ruts are just massive now. Was just diffing out.

Yeh sweet man. Ill get out there again. Is it bullek link track or something out there has a big uphill rock section that I have driven a couple of times.

#11 ·
I understand the stock manifold is inneficent and doesn't distrubute as evenly as a modified one could, but if I load it up im seeing 28psi by about 1900-2000rpm. But I dont drive like that most of the time anyway, its not a race car haha.

Yeh mate, no mufflers, rather impressed how quiet it is inside.

#17 ·
Well after a month off the road waiting on parts and time. The gearbox is rebuilt and ready to go back in. Rear fridge box is pretty much built. Second battery is ready to mount. Bump stops and radius spacers along with gaurd cutting are almost done.

So not long until im driving it again.

#25 ·
Few updates if anyones interested. Rear gaurds are still in primer. Other repairs i will eventually do before colour.

Been playing with thermostats and temps are now nice and stable. Rear setup is basic but works for me. Solar panel worked well out at Yarrawonga.

Its seems to use betweem 13 and 16 litres per hundred depending how nice I am. Runs great.

Have bought diesel lines for the chassis and engine bay as they are slightly bigger and will reduce rubber hose in engine bay.

Trimmed a piece or bonnet reo to clear intercooler and put bonnet back to stock height. Moved the lightbar under the top hoop. So yeh. Good stuff in the pooey.

Automotive tire Tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Wheel
Car Vehicle Off-roading Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Car State park
Water resources Waterway River Water Natural environment
Subwoofer Loudspeaker Car subwoofer Vehicle audio Audio equipment
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Van Minivan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.