Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
how much? :shock:

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Strewth... :cool:

Some serious work gone into the donk in that sucker... wonder what it dyno's at...

Betcha it goes up a cliff like a goat with the torque outa that 454 turning crawler gears indeed it probably could have pulled the Trailer and the Prime Mover up the off ramp...

No argument he has put some big $'s into it but $37,000 is a lot of cabbage

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Sweet as GQ Exept the paint.....but that's just an outrageous price.

So does this win.....as the most expensive on yet.

Iike my dad only paid 35 grand for mine.....BRAND NEW!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I wish people could spell and construct a proper paragraph. Do they not teach English and grammar at school these days?

It's a shame the fully sick camo paint work doesn't get a mention in the advert.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
And why in the hell would you get a 454 when a 496 or 502 would drop in.

Injected 502 from a Chev Silverado SS halfcut would have been the way to go IMHO.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Good point benny
But 454 on carb with LPG would be a sheeet load easier to do
454 in anything should pull a block of flats,bag the tyres and lift the front wheels

Theres a 454 GQ in Brissie for sale and im sure its around 10K

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
And why in the hell would you get a 454 when a 496 or 502 would drop in.

Injected 502 from a Chev Silverado SS halfcut would have been the way to go IMHO.
i have 454 injected in my gq. question is were do you stop...? i bought mine as a complete conversion so that made it easy. if you go 5lt why not go 5.7 or keep going to a 6lt. there is a cut down 80 series that races with a 502inj up here. i like my chev, heaps of low down torque and just pulls nice and smooth all the way around the tacho, had a worked 351 clevo in an mq a few yrs ago as well as a 350 gq. nothing compared to the 351 it was an animal, had plenty of dollars thrown at it and loved to rev. the killer was 220kms out of a standard tank of fuel :crazy:. was never in the wrong gear though.

somewhere there is a dude who owns a red ferrari that drove through the sunny coast a few yrs ago who may still tell his mates ( if hes not to embarressed ) that " a big old piece of crud patrol kept with him from a standing start to around the 120km/hr mark before we had to pull up for traffic..i was on 31's at the time, when we stopped his window came straight down and he was havn a REAL good look and listen then.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
338 Posts
What a weapon,bit pricey should be 30K max.Love the bullbar ,it has ram raid written all over it.

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
LOVE the paint job! awsome!

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
question is were do you stop...?
When the DOT says you must :p

Ive driven quite a few MerCruiser 502s and compared to the 454s they really had power (and petrol) to burn. I liked the 454s but love the 496/502s.

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
Hold the phone , if im gonna splurdge 35 odd kay on it ,so it can pull trucks and does wheel stands , does it pull chicks ?? May be it does and thats why it is worth soo much ;P

1 - 16 of 16 Posts