Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so apparently 33 is the biggest legal in qld and everyone is saying thats 285/75/16 im running 305/70/16 still 33s am i legal?

·
Registered
nissan
1,812 Posts
No 33" tyres may be to big if you want to be particular about it you have to find out what size tyres your own particuar vehicle came out of the factory with and if it has a tyre placard in the glove box still the info should be there. There may have been different tyres fitted accross the range of patrols for eg : leaf sprung utes different to coil utes or different to short wheel base or wagons there were GLi, DX, RX, ST, Ti and XL ,XLT Mavericks.

So to be legal it will be no more than 50mm wider and 50mm taller than the factory fitted tyres specific to your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
No 33" tyres may be to big if you want to be particular about it you have to find out what size tyres your own particuar vehicle came out of the factory with and if it has a tyre placard in the glove box still the info should be there. There may have been different tyres fitted accross the range of patrols for eg : leaf sprung utes different to coil utes or different to short wheel base or wagons there were GLi, DX, RX, ST, Ti and XL ,XLT Mavericks.

So to be legal it will be no more than 50mm wider and 50mm taller than the factory fitted tyres specific to your vehicle.
I’m pretty sure you’d be fine with 33’s.
As for width, I think that Batts is confusing tyre width with track width. You can fit wider tyres if you like. Track width is affected by rim offset, not the actual tyre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,513 Posts
so apparently 33 is the biggest legal in qld and everyone is saying thats 285/75/16 im running 305/70/16 still 33s am i legal?
33's should be fine but it also depends on your suspension lift, if any.

You can't raise the vehicle more than 3" total, assuming yours was factory fitted with 31's, if you fit 33's you're limited to a 2" lift. If you want to go 3" lift, you need to stick to a 31" tyre.

Of course, if your budget stretches to engineering certification, you can do a lot more, but it'll cost you.

·
Registered
nissan
1,812 Posts
As for width, I think that Batts is confusing tyre width with track width. You can fit wider tyres if you like. Track width is affected by rim offset, not the actual tyre.

He still needs to check his tyre size as I mentioned above I'm pretty sure you'd be fine or 33" should be fine as used below can be taken as it's ok by some people and won't work if you get pulled over. Yeah that's right track width no more than 50mm I did mix it up there thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

im running 305/70/16 on -22 with 2 inch lift

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im running 305/70/16 on -22 with 2 inch lift

You can't raise the vehicle more than 3" total, assuming yours was factory fitted with 31's, if you fit 33's you're limited to a 2" lift. If you want to go 3" lift, you need to stick to a 31" tyre.

Of course, if your budget stretches to engineering certification, you can do a lot more, but it'll cost you.
im 305/70/16 with 2inch lift factory 31s

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

not after big lift just planning on dropped tires well below the sills and have a good centre of gravity maybe some lokkas

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He still needs to check his tyre size as I mentioned above I'm pretty sure you'd be fine or 33" should be fine as used below can be taken as it's ok by some people and won't work if you get pulled over. Yeah that's right track width no more than 50mm I did mix it up there thanks.

all good anyways mate gettinf 33inch tires and 3inch all blue plated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts