Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have been searching and searching the web and this site and I can’t find anyone who sells just the gq tow bar mounting bolts and nuts!! Anyone know where to get them
Thanks

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Any good nut and bolt shop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I assumed that they wouldn’t have the nuts as they’re a flat square plate with wire welded on them

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,418 Posts
Ok I assumed that they wouldn’t have the nuts as they’re a flat square plate with wire welded on them
That's because they aren't nuts, they're flat square plate with wire welded to them :)

You'd have to cut some flat bar to the size you want, drill and tap a hole in the middle and weld a piece of coat hanger wire to them, M12x1.75 at a guess.

Do you have a welder or a mate with one?

If not I'd imagine a tow bar joint or maybe a four wheel drive shop would have some lying around, if you get to speak to someone in the workshop not a sales muppet.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
No they won't have them. They are just normal nuts welded to little plates with a bit of wire to guide them into the rails. If you can't do that yourself not sure where you would get them being such an old vehicle. Maybe a towbar manufacturer might still have a mounting kit around but not sure if they would have it available without a bar.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,418 Posts
Quite often Fester they are literally drilled and tapped plate, but either way same diff.

When I worked at ARB years ago we had all sorts of crap in the workshop trays under benches, including plenty of these things and parts from countless fitting kits from countless products, so I reckons he's in with a chance at a four wheel drive shop if he asks nicely.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,418 Posts
I even have a handful in my tool box, but as old mate hasn't filled in his profile including the 'location' part, I have no idea where he is and can't offer them to him :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of your responses and yes the original ones were quite litterly just a drilled and tapped steel plate with wire welded on to them and I’ll just make some I at home I thought it seemed to easy to be right if that makes sense haha
And I will update my profile when I get home on the computer mate it keeps taking it away on my phone after I do it but I’m in Brisbane
Thanks again

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Cool looks like you have it sorted. I thought they were nuts on plates like often used in the front recovery points.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the right bolts, would an appropriately sized washer and a flange nut suffice to fasten it to the chassis?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts