Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1989 GQ patrol wagon
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They finally arrived. Anyone else using these?

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,538 Posts
I have the Clearview on my GU, wouldn’t be without them. Felt a little strange and wide when I first put them on. Can see very clearly behind me when I have the caravan on. The bottom mirrors are adjusted to see the wheels on the caravan. 👍👍

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,623 Posts
Nope. Genuine GQ ones.
Which factory mirrors do they replace? The manual mirrors mounted on the door with 2 bolts? The electric mirrors mounted in the corner of the windscreen? I can already see it's not option 3 (older GQ utes with triangular draft windows) :D.

·
Registered
1989 GQ patrol wagon
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which factory mirrors do they replace? The manual mirrors mounted on the door with 2 bolts? The electric mirrors mounted in the corner of the windscreen? I can already see it's not option 3 (older GQ utes with triangular draft windows) :D.
Yep the manual mirrors mounted on the door with the 2 bolt. You need to drill a third and fourth hole to secure them. They come with a backing plate. Pretty new on the market. I'm stoked as I tow a 15ft Jayco with my gq and the old towing mirrors were magnetic and use to scratch the door.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,062 Posts
They look good mate. Be much better then the generic ute mirrors that I have.

·
Registered
nissan
145 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
29 Posts
They sure stick out a long way, I know that's because they are for towing but not good when 4 wheel driving in scrub. (yest I know they fold) A cheaper and just as good option would have been the removable door mounted strap on type.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts