Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a newbie go easy,
just brought a gq leaf spring ute 90 model. Still standard split rims and all, has had the shockies and bushes replaced.
When turning at slow speed there is a bit of a bump. when you hit a bump a high speed tends to wander a bit? Put the trol in for a wheel alignment and old mate said that the front of the springs where sliding across on the shackles?? whats the go was it installed wrong, or are the springs nackard. Looking to put some bigger wheels in the future should i look at new springs with some lift or reset these?

Cheers

Go the broncos:cheers:

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the first leaf with the eye is tight between the bushes/shackles it looks like the second leaf which doesn't rap right around is moving left and right between the shackle hangers?
Don't think it is a bronco gy60 I think / chook chaser.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
there are metal bands going around the spring packs to hold them all straight,i bet they are bent open allowing the springs to wander around.. get 2 heavy objects and hammer both sides of the bands at the same time and get them to sit tight again

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
there are metal bands going around the spring packs to hold them all straight,i bet they are bent open allowing the springs to wander around.. get 2 heavy objects and hammer both sides of the bands at the same time and get them to sit tight again
I agree with this partly, but would have to have some movement in the u-bolts center bolt also to allow side to side movement

My leafy ute click and similar at full lock it's just the springs moving, check the bushes for wear, and steering, as the bushes aren't the best in mine but it dosent have the same symptons as you are describing

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info it does appear that the springs have been sliding across each other, can see a bit of rust colouring between the spring. I'll give compressing the bands a go a checkout the ubolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts