Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just bought myself a 92 gq patrol with a td42 and a 5 speed manual and it seems to have some clutch issues, i’ve noticed that it’s a vacuum assisted clutch. It does like going into an gears and the clutch slave cylinder only seems to be moving a centimetre or so. How far is the clutch supposed to move generally and how can I go about fixing the issue?
Cheers
Torin

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hi guys, just bought myself a 92 gq patrol with a td42 and a 5 speed manual and it seems to have some clutch issues, i’ve noticed that it’s a vacuum assisted clutch. It does like going into an gears and the clutch slave cylinder only seems to be moving a centimetre or so. How far is the clutch supposed to move generally and how can I go about fixing the issue?
Cheers
Torin
Bleed the line,that is the most likely cause,the booster is unlikely.The line has a loop up across the firewall which traps air and is a bugger to bleed,there is a bleeder on the connector block on the left side of the firewall,have fun.I have a modification with a braided line direct from the master across the bellhousing to the slave,self bleeding.

Cheers,G.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts