Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

What's patrol is easiest to look most unique??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No this is not whats best thread
But more what do you think is easier to give a unique look.

Personally I think the GQ just seems easier to give a unique look so you don't have same as every other Jo blo out there.
Other yes can look unique but seems so many GU look the same other than colour.
The old MK/MQ always seem to have that generic boxy look, and I love the old mKs.
and the G60 always looks like a vintage rig.

Maybe I'm biast with GQs but they really seem to be unique to the driver even with minimal mods.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,293 Posts
But look at my mk , looks different to most, and was as simple as having the right set of flares , of which are very hard to find :)

Sent using carrier pigeon from Bill Lawrie

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Should have added ute, wagon, shorty.
Because Utes would win:)

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Is that actually a priority for anyone though? To have a unique looking vehicle?

I thought all us Patrol blokes were striving to have capable vehicles?

Buy a can of pink paint if you really want a unique looking Patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
The answer is easy. G60. The older it is, the less of them are therefore the more unique yours will be regardless of what you do to it.

Personally I have my own little unique touches I do to my cars but if someone else has the same thing, good on 'em. It's not about show n tell. You should go to a hotrod & classic/unique car show for that. For me it's about having fun & having my car the way I want it regardless of how many ppl have the same thing. I do prefer to be different from the crowd but it's no big deal to me if I'm not.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
I agree with both Steel & Sharky. Your own personality makes your truck what it is. Myself, making mine capable usually means mods! (should of learnt by now) but hey, a lot of people keep there's pretty close to standard & all it takes Can be as simple as a 2" lift. Thanks to coils & maybe some bar work.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah def agree.
though gq and older little easier i reckon more due to range of products available that dont have to worry about airbags etc.
as far as im aware xrox are only airbag compatible tube bar.

Soggy has shown how unique a car can be with help of random coloured paint haha.

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Yeah sorry dude, ive definitely gone with the MQ/MK on this. I considered the G60, but they are so rare that very few people want to mod them since their value is in their originality.
GQ's in my mind are one of the most commonly 'done up' 4x4's and therefore i find it hard to make them look unique. I have an MK winch bar on one of mine which ads its own difference, but still looks like a generic old GQ lol.
IMO, MK's are the most unique as they had the rectangular headlights (first & last patrol to do this) and had things such as suspension seats etc etc (plus, they were only around for 4 years, which is the shortest period of a Patrol model i can think of).

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,049 Posts
I gotta go with MQ/MK too.
Even my stock red MK stood out from the crowd a bit, big bullbar and bright red paint with a white canopy. Current white/white car does not stand out as much.
MQ/MK's are getting to the age where original paint is rare as well, and I've seen some pretty different colours... bright purple, canary yellow, bright green, orange. Plus you can rip the canopy off.

Hardly anyone recognises 60 series', they are commonly confused with 40 series Yotas.
GQ's are very hard to make stand out... So many of them look so similar. The favourite around here is a white wagon, 2-4" lift, ARB bar, driving lights, 33-35" tyres, safari snorkel and black sunny rims.

I get where you're coming from Boyd with making the car look unique, I like a bit of "look at me" factor, if I wanted to look generic I'd buy a Corolla.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts