Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a massive gas tank in the back of my patrol, and in looking to put in a cargo barrier. Can't seem to find a gq barrier that's affordable. So my question is what other barriers fit, or come very close too.

·
Registered
nissan
348 Posts
Late 90's Magna ones fit,pretty easy. Bolt straight in. Not legal,of course. Also EL/EF go in, as well as Commodore (VT) fit . All of these you could find easy, and cheap. Not saying they would act as an internal roll cage, like a proper one. Just acting as a barrier, to stop stuff reasonably well. Some of them are 4-6" low, but thats good for fishing rods. At the prices, you can weld or chop them to suit drawers, or your height preference.

Happy with my Magna one. Cost me $25.

Mark

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
If your on a budget don't be shy to call around any of 4x4 shops or email them and ask for damaged one's. I often do it weekly and have picked up some great items for peanuts.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
I put a GU one in my old wagon. I actually preferred the shape to my mates GQ one, was easier to work around. Modified the mounts and had it fitted in about an hour.

·
Registered
Nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a big gas tank behind the back seat 100-120 ltr tank, my problem is I need to put a cargo barrier in. I've test fitted a cargo barrier that fits perfectly. The only prob is the back seats don't lock into place now! The top of the rear seats needs to come back another half inch?
Has anyone fitted a barrier with a gas tank before?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
before going to far pull the carpet up and check that the mounts the seat clip to aren't broken out of the floor. this is a common thing and if they have broken they will hang from one edge and drop down which means your seat will be leaning back a bit far..if they aren't broken then you could unbolt them and space them up by 5mm or so to make the back of the seat sit a little further forward

dave

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I have a Ef wagon barrier in the back of my patrol - it sits level with the wheel arches.

·
Registered
nissan
419 Posts
running a gen 2 pajero one in mine

·
Registered
Nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've bought a early pajero one myself. Fits great except the seats tops not locking back. I will post up some pics tonight. Need some ideas. I have a big useable space behind seats and under gas tank. That's why I want to cut the cargo barrier!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts