Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wondering which GQ suspension components are interchangable with GU.

Reason asking I have GQ wagon and want to get a proper 3inch lift with all the goodies, (rods, arms, links ect).
Next year sometime I will be upgrading to a newer GU coil ute and would like to take my suspension with me.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If you change from GQ to GU Ute
Drag Link won't work. Tie rod won't work.
Panhard rods will work but if you have a brake bias bracket you will have clearance issues on the rear. You can just take out the bolts and weld on your bracket for enough clearance.
Upper adjutable trailing arms, drop boxes, radius arms, castor bushes will work.
Front sway bar link pins are the same but occasionally bolts are different. If you have disconnects you will just have to remove sleeve and get a bigger bolt. Mostly they are the same though.
Rear are the same on one side but one of them on the rear is different.
Brake hoses will work.
rear coils will work.
front coils will work depending on quality of coil but you will sit 20mm lower at the front if you have a 4.2 intercooled Series 2 + Turbo Diesel.
Lower trailing arms are 10mm longer on the GU but you could probably make them work if you had upper adjustable, otherwise you will need to purchase new lower trailing arms.
shocks will work.

Shane
Suspension Stuff

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shane thats great to know. Been looking at some of your kits actually. At least the big ticket items like superflex arms can be brought over.
I'll be talking to you soon.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts