Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GQ Patrol has the usual 2 windscreen washer sprays, one directed at the drivers side windscreen and the other at the passenger side. Each spray has 2 nozzles, one putting a stream high on the windscreen, the other low on the windscreen. The driver's side is fine but the passenger side directs both streams lower than each should be. So, I'm trying to raise the angle of the spray, to effectively lift both streams up the windscreen. On other cars I have owned it was simply a matter of putting a fine needle into one of the nozzles and levering it to the desired direction, but my GQ sprays do not want to play that game. Are they simply seized up (with age and lack of regular movement - like me!) or is there a trick to it?

Any advice gratefully received.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
They are just seized up mate. You could try a bit of wd40. If that doesn’t work you might try removing the nozzle from the car and soaking it overnight in some sort of penetrant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are just seized up mate. You could try a bit of wd40. If that doesn’t work you might try removing the nozzle from the car and soaking it overnight in some sort of penetrant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, Andrew. I've doused them in wd40 and will wait 24 hours to give them a chance to free up.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
My GQ Patrol has the usual 2 windscreen washer sprays, one directed at the drivers side windscreen and the other at the passenger side. Each spray has 2 nozzles, one putting a stream high on the windscreen, the other low on the windscreen. The driver's side is fine but the passenger side directs both streams lower than each should be. So, I'm trying to raise the angle of the spray, to effectively lift both streams up the windscreen. On other cars I have owned it was simply a matter of putting a fine needle into one of the nozzles and levering it to the desired direction, but my GQ sprays do not want to play that game. Are they simply seized up (with age and lack of regular movement - like me!) or is there a trick to it?

Any advice gratefully received.
When I first got mine I removed 'em and soaked overnight in vinegar to dissolve the lime inside and out,adjusted with a pin,work spot on,

Cheers,G.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts