Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Patrol fellow travellers,
Being a mug I need of some feedback on changing tyre sizes, from people smarter than me. I am a bit old for the trip my family is planning from Melbourne to Kimberley mid year.

The factory tyre size of my GQ/Y61 Patrol is 275/65 R17. I got myself talked into fitting Falken 275/70 R17. The 275/70 is a 1.1 inch bigger diameter than the factory tyre size. Front mudflaps were modified to fix rubbing when turning, that's ok now. I am not sure of any other implications.
Can any kind readers offer me their thoughts, the pros and cons of having the bigger tyres fitted please.
Pages 馃槙馃ゴ

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Hi Patrol fellow travellers,
Being a mug I need of some feedback on changing tyre sizes, from people smarter than me. I am a bit old for the trip my family is planning from Melbourne to Kimberley mid year.

The factory tyre size of my GQ/Y61 Patrol is 275/65 R17. I got myself talked into fitting Falken 275/70 R17. The 275/70 is a 1.1 inch bigger diameter than the factory tyre size. Front mudflaps were modified to fix rubbing when turning, that's ok now. I am not sure of any other implications.
Can any kind readers offer me their thoughts, the pros and cons of having the bigger tyres fitted please.
Pages 馃槙馃ゴ
1.1" means radius changes by a gnats knacker over 1/2", this will not impact on anything really, vehicle is lifted by the same gnats knacker, there will be a small change in speedo error. Below is from my tyre size chart calculator, of course there will be some discrepancy between brands but this is a pretty good guide. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
275x65x17 = 10.83"W31.61"H
275x70x17 = 10.83"W32.16"H

just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the GQ come with 15 or 16 inch rims and not 17 inch. you sure
you haven't got a GU what year is it. GQ is a Y60 GU is a Y61

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the GQ come with 15 or 16 inch rims and not 17 inch. you sure
you haven't got a GU what year is it. GQ is a Y60 GU is a Y61
I read it and thought the GQ is a typo because of his description,

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks GUzdute
Yep your absolutely correct it is a GU 6 Series II to be exact. Sorry all, my mind has been on other things, oops my number plate has a GQ in it which crossed my mind while thinking about the car and caught me off guard. Thank you for picking up my blunder 馃き

1 - 5 of 5 Posts