Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doing my wheel bearings after a failure. It stuffed the cv end, so i'm putting another cv in. SO.......
Should i be packing some grease in the cv's when i put them back in????

·
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All good, Real easy to pack in , heeaps easier then wheel bearings and the likes.

One thing a should be doing is axle seals but there a real pain in the a hole, being close to the diff center and requires the diff to come out, and i have not got the time.
I'll just check the oil level and top up if need be. I don't think there leaking, so the should be right fingers crossed.

·
Give it some goat
2,697 Posts
All good, Real easy to pack in , heeaps easier then wheel bearings and the likes.

One thing a should be doing is axle seals but there a real pain in the a hole, being close to the diff center and requires the diff to come out, and i have not got the time.
I'll just check the oil level and top up if need be. I don't think there leaking, so the should be right fingers crossed.
Unless you own a jeep and lets be serious here only homos and women have them, the axle seals are just in from the cv's just pull the axle and knock the seal out. Surely you would have seem it when you pulled the cv out?

·
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no not there, I think on the c200 diff there in futher, maybe,if been smoking to much crack.:D
I'll check my book tommoz, and have a better look daaaaa dumb.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Nah, the C200 diff has the seals accessible from the diff centre.
I would've done mine when I was doing the bearings, but I couldn't get the f#%@ing centre out, so I have up instead of getting angry and potentially breaking something just before a 2,500km trip :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts