Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We watch all threads with interest and find it a very informative forum. Thanks to everyone who contributes.
Our experience -
Upgraded from much loved Lexus LX 470 in January. It was tired and we wanted to felt it was time to upgrade. Have never been happier. It has been hard ignoring the negatives we read about this vehicle. Experience is the proof.!
Towed our 20 ft caravan fully loaded many hills 120 ks there and 120 ks back - under 20 Lts per 100. It was easy - no stress, comfort plus.
This week spent on Fraser Island- again under 20 lts per 100 with roof rack, loaded and three big blokes. Did the sand easy. Only issue was a flat tyre. This is a great car, could not be happier.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Great to hear!

Wife uses it around the burbs and getting high teens. Hopefully it reduces after the engine loosens up?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Patroly

Just a thought. ..I noticed that when doing local running the fuel source could make a difference. ..

So if you have options give em a go

Cheers
John b

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y62
27 Posts
I am also forever getting people commenting on my poor choice in buying the new Patrol, always focussed on fuel economy of course. Like you, this is by far the best car I have ever driven. It has heaps of power, it is great off road but most importantly for me, it is huge and can accommodate the whole family!

I have the ST-L and paid $64 for it. It is head and shoulders above anything else we looked at in this price range!

Enjoy your new Patrol mate!!

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
Welcome to the Y62 visionary club ;)

Like those critics, I too was once fixated on fuel consumption, and drove a series of gutless diesels as a result.
The cure for the diesel dillusion is to test drive a Y62. I was cured in an instant and now have a childish grin every time Mrs Steamroller lets me have a drive. So let's encourage, and not judge, folks criticizing the y62 on fuel - it's just a call for help.

Seriously, fuel source does make a difference too. Ours seems to give good economy on shell 98 ( 22/100 on the last fill towing the 3.5t boat with lots of stop start). Caltex 98 - doesn't seem as good.

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
I love this thing around town mid teens and towing my 3.5t boat when I do who cares.... can't get over the amount of people that stress about fuel whilst towing when I get there and stick the boat in with 700lts on board it and push the throttles forward my fuel consumption is hilarious!

·
Registered
nissan
459 Posts
Yeah boats suck it down!!!

My wake boat uses nearly 100/100km when doing about 34mph!!!

I too think people get fixated on having a diesel or how little fuel there car can use.
I have seen colleagues at work upgrade vehicles at a change over cost of $40k because the irold car was using to much in fuel!!! Ha ha ha!!!!

My uncle has asupercharged Gt falcon and all he wants to talk about is how low he can get the consumption on a trip... FFS!! I used to see how quickly I could use fuel in my HSV....

Sorry about the rant.... I just think it's hilarious that people are so fixated on how much fuel their car uses. It's actually one of the cheaper and controllable costs of owning a vehicle.

Hate to be one of these poor sods spending thousands of dollars replacing common rail diesel injectors, fuel pumps etc on their 150000km d4d engines......

Rant over....

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Yeah boats suck it down!!!

My wake boat uses nearly 100/100km when doing about 34mph!!!
Yep, 135l/100k @ 70mph in my Chris Craft....

I reckon 15 or 16l/100k from a 2.8t 400hp v8 is stunningly good. Direct injection petrol and vvel really make the difference. A mate of mine has a v8 petrol cruiser and he averages 18l/100 and he only has 280hp.

Can't speak highly enough about the Ti-L. Just the radar cruise is worth the extra, never mid the vented seats, TVs etc etc.

·
Registered
nissan
42 Posts
Yes I own one of those Grenade 3ltrs?? 3rd one total of over 600tho ks. Yeah they must be terrible. Not I say NOT one issue! Nissan Please build me one these new V8 in a flat tray? They are magnificent indeed. Nice.

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Hi Havens

Ive had two y 61's and got 360ks on them ....with no issues. They are no doubt the king of off road and cross country touring. Unbeatable.

My killer was towing 2.5 t....even chipped and zorsted I found it stressful to drive ie egt temps and strain on the motor .

So the y62 is a good alternative for me. The motor in other models...now thats an interesting notion.

By the way d4d I think are the toyo 3 lit...a common problem/ earner that many seem to have to address before 100k.

Cheers
John b

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Hi Havens

Ive had two y 61's and got 360ks on them ....with no issues. They are no doubt the king of off road and cross country touring. Unbeatable.

My killer was towing 2.5 t....even chipped and zorsted I found it stressful to drive ie egt temps and strain on the motor .

So the y62 is a good alternative for me. The motor in other models...now thats an interesting notion.

By the way d4d I think are the toyo 3 lit...a common problem/ earner that many seem to have to address before 100k.

Cheers
John b

·
Registered
nissan patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No diesel for Y62, no sensor in spare tyre.

Nissan dealer told us no diesel for the Y62. Evidentally Australia is the only country asking it. (Diesel that is).

Our y62 developed a big rattle in the rear end. We immediately went back to the service centre. Turns out it was the rod holders on top. service guy took it for. Drive and also thought it was in the back end. All ended well.

We got a flat at Fraser and changed to the spare. The computer did not recognise the spare as it has no sensor. pain as I have to have the other tyre refitted. For your info only.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y62 Ti-L
61 Posts
Before I approach a Dealer has anyone had fitted or can it be done, fitting a TPMS sensor to the spare wheel. Understand it will not work in spare position but will it work when fitted to an axle?

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
The workshop manual doesnt really say if it will work.

On one hand there are 4 antennas, so logic says that whatever wheel you put near the antenna will work.

On the other hand it talks about using a special tool to wake up each transmitter. so would you need to carry this tool for when you fitted the spare wheel???

Need to ask the stealer. I would be $50 that he wont know!!!

Attachments

Reactions: Willys Jeep

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Before I approach a Dealer has anyone had fitted or can it be done, fitting a TPMS sensor to the spare wheel. Understand it will not work in spare position but will it work when fitted to an axle?
Pretty sure it will, it does work this way on my other vehicles. So the wheel pairs to the antenna in the wheel well when it is driven. Just odd that the spare isn't equipped with TPMS sensor to begin with, they are fairly cheap.

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts
Nissan dealer told us no diesel for the Y62. Evidentally Australia is the only country asking it. (Diesel that is).

Our y62 developed a big rattle in the rear end. We immediately went back to the service centre. Turns out it was the rod holders on top. service guy took it for. Drive and also thought it was in the back end. All ended well.

We got a flat at Fraser and changed to the spare. The computer did not recognise the spare as it has no sensor. pain as I have to have the other tyre refitted. For your info only.

How about updating us!

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts
If we get different wheels say 17'' can we retrofit the OE sensors to them

thanks

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts
The workshop manual doesnt really say if it will work.

On one hand there are 4 antennas, so logic says that whatever wheel you put near the antenna will work.

On the other hand it talks about using a special tool to wake up each transmitter. so would you need to carry this tool for when you fitted the spare wheel???

Need to ask the stealer. I would be $50 that he wont know!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts