Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Green Troll GQ TI 95

31K views 137 replies 25 participants last post by  green troll 
#1 · (Edited)
hi everyone. well here we go again as i lost my build thread with the server crashing
and i turned back into a newbie.lol.

well I have a 95 gq ti patrol as the title suggests

it has

climate control
factory sway bar disconnect
rear factory locker
dual fuel tb42e
leather interior with woodgrain
factory icebox
factory 7 speaker cd system
31's duelers at.
ti rims 16 inch

so far........

#7 ·
remote diff locks suck..... just not strong enough. just got them permantly locked front
and rear. cant wait to get dig and rear steer. put a few holes in tyres and now they grip so much better. bags out on rocks and graps onto them

built a rock course in shed. fridge and tunes is in very handy reach
easier and cheaper to fix the creeper than the patrol
but not as much fun. a patrol body for it would be awesome

if someone knows where i can get one let me know

#8 · (Edited)
Lift

well ive been saving for awhile now and finally had enough to do a 5 inch lift
:bananaro: yay

so this is what i got

Dobinson 5" progressive Coil springs front and 5" linear coils in rear
Dobinson HD Gas Shock Absorbers
Dobinson HD Big Bore Steering damper
Extended Brakeline Kit
Big O 4X4 Dropped Radius Arms with genuine Nissan Slotted Bushes
Rockhopper Adjustable Panhard Rods with genuine Nissan Bushes
Big O 4X4 XHD Rear lower Trailing arms
Rockhopper Adjustable Draglink

#9 · (Edited)
well im running no sway bars at all at the moment. due to the factory sway bar disconnect
i need a mod done to allow that to be re insatlled and for it to allow full flex when disconnected
modification for front drive shaft clearance was also done.

my upper rear trailing arm hits my aux fuel tank and doesnt allow full drop on that side so i will have to get a bent one made up to suit.

does ride better than it did before even with no sway bars. just cant drive it like i stole it.lol.

#14 ·
next must have is TYRES!!!!!
thinking bout dynamica wheels black with-22 16x8

not sure bout tyres. not daily driver so mite lash out and get some awesome muddies
any suggestions.
also wondering 33 or 35. worried bout 35's sapping power. it hardly moves as is now 3.9 ratios
but heard autos handle them better??

#18 ·
thanks mate. shes my pride and joy, just like everyones elses trucks.
yeah i live near that servo. handy since its 24/7.lol.
good to see other members. should have said whats up.gotta get my patrol 4x4 stickers on it.mrs hates stickers... what a battle im facing.more so than getting the lift. lol.

well if ur ever keen for a wheel let me know. im keen, even if its crawford.
thanks for posting.maybe see ya at morgan patrol 4x4 meet up

#22 ·
im heading to loveday that weekend :/
yeah id be keen to hit up crawford! never been there so would be nice once i get my car fixed... got a heavy knocking noise on the sterring i needa fix asap!
shame. but lovedays cool. guranteed fun.crawford is only really good if its wet. but good for a close track to get dirty.

yeah i hate hearing new noises.... worries me everytime.

#20 ·
Where you blokes live? I'm at ingle farm. So not far from grand junction. I'm keen to get out all the time, have some bloke time. Stuck in a house full of girls lol.

Just running a stock gq. Need to get some cash.

#23 ·
Where you blokes live? I'm at ingle farm. So not far from grand junction. I'm keen to get out all the time, have some bloke time. Stuck in a house full of girls lol.
Just running a stock gq. Need to get some cash.
im at valley view mate.yeah i look for any excuse aswell mate. new few weekends are going to be a bit full on but after that we should go for a wheel.
cash. i hate cash, its nice when u have some..but suks when u dont. we can all dream.

#21 ·
Nice Rig mate looks in very good nick do you get out and about the tracks much ? Did'nt know you could still get into Mt Crawford i thought it had been closed to 4x4s good luck decking out your fourby cheers MO

#24 ·
Thanks mate.im blushing.lol.i try to, it only comes out to play. most w.e's me and the mrs are heading somewhere in the troll.well last time bout a month ago crawford was open. not all tracks. not that much to do while ranger stacey is out and about.
cheers

#26 ·
bigger gates where? ranger found me once i was bogged to axles sitting on belly.lol.
he just drove past....proably shaking his head.that was the first weekend i got the gq.
after xmas time when things quiet down a bit we will organise a casual wheel.

#31 · (Edited)
yeah they tripped me out for awhile. i looked at it in the manual and still i diddnt get it.
few months down the track i figured out that when i indicate left or right with the lights on the corresponding light would turn on.then turn off when the indicator goes off.

throws a bit of light aswell.seen a few gqs with them. maybe only on ti or later year models. i dont think gus have them.

only bad thing is now with the lift, they sit at eye height in normal cars. so when its 2 lanes turning left or right and i start indicating it freaks them out.lol.did it to a undercover cop car, got pulled over. said it was stock. he made a phone call and off i went.some rookie. diddnt say anything bout the lift.:doh:

#32 ·
haha yeah, those lights do tend to scare people. my ST has them :p

nice looking truck mate, will def keep an eye out for ya, got a few mates up and around the valley view area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.