Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #1
Having watched the vids of this crash, I'm still bewildered by what happened, the guy pushed the car in front out of the way and shot across the intersection into the store injuring 14 people but amazingly not killing anyone, he looks totally fine when he gets out so does not appear to be a 'medical issue'. The smoke is what I can't rationalise, is that model vehicle front wheel drive??? if so I'm wondering if he is full noise pushing that car out of the way and it's tyre smoke? What would cause that much smoke from an engine that still has enough power to do what it did and have no flames??????

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
That to me, looks like a front wheel drive and the tyres are smoking up, from pushing that car in front. :unsure:

Foo

Premium Member
TD42 GQ
He'll claim a medical episode or a stuck throttle...
But the most likely reason is a road rage incident. Allegedly of course.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #5
He'll claim a medical episode or a stuck throttle...
But the most likely reason is a road rage incident. Allegedly of course.
That was my first thought, his lawyer said medical incident would be claimed when asked it, but damn, once they got the guy out of the car he certainly looked fit as a fiddle, apparently he does have form on reckless driving and they said he needed an interpreter.

Registered
2003 GU PATROL
I did see that.. looks deliberate to me.. Maybe because of his ethnic back ground it wasn't pushed as something else?

Premium Member
TD42 GQ
I live in the area.
That type of behavior is not uncommon.
The difference is, this time the alleged driver hit a shop full of women.
He was lucky the police got there before the families did.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So it was wheelspin, delibertate act...... Shades of the Melbourne guy possibly.

Registered
nissan
Definitely tyre smoke from wheel spin, you can hear the sound of the tyres spinning on the road also.
On the close up shot he looks pretty conscious and aware to me.

My first thoughts when I saw it was a 'racially' or otherwise motivated attack on the store or its occupants, or a particular pedestrian passing on the footpath.
When the white car is out of the way there is plenty of room to pull up but continues at full speed into the store. There is a slight chip of the tyres just before hitting the store which is likely the tyres losing traction slightly as he goes up over the curb, so still at full throttle just before impact, not attempting to slow down.

Wouldn't be the first time a car has been used as a weapon for a racial, terrorist or other attack on innocent people.Vehicle-ramming attack - Wikipedia

I could be completely wrong, but that's my thoughts. Will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts