Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary here, posting from the northwest of Ecuador. My wife and I retired from the USA 12 years ago, and live out in the cloud forest near the small town of Mindo, Ecuador. The road we live on is rough and rocky, and was tearing the heck out of the suspension of the Ford Escape hybrid I had been driving. I recently had the opportunity to buy a 2003 Patrol GRX 4.8L gasoline (petrol) in very good condition, so it has replaced the Escape in my garage (where it barely fits). Photos to come soon... This forum seems to be a bunch of nice folks, so I joined. I hope there are a few other Ecuadorian here, or at least some others living in South America (yo hablo español, e o Google translate fala português) so I hope to meet a few people here with a shared interest in this great vehicle.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,093 Posts
Gary here, posting from the northwest of Ecuador. My wife and I retired from the USA 12 years ago, and live out in the cloud forest near the small town of Mindo, Ecuador. The road we live on is rough and rocky, and was tearing the heck out of the suspension of the Ford Escape hybrid I had been driving. I recently had the opportunity to buy a 2003 Patrol GRX 4.8L gasoline (petrol) in very good condition, so it has replaced the Escape in my garage (where it barely fits). Photos to come soon... This forum seems to be a bunch of nice folks, so I joined. I hope there are a few other Ecuadorian here, or at least some others living in South America (yo hablo español, e o Google translate fala português) so I hope to meet a few people here with a shared interest in this great vehicle.
Hi Gary, that is one hell of a replacement for the escape, tough as nails, they were very popular in the middle east before the Y62, lots of mods, I remember a vid of one knocking off a Lamborghini but that isn't what you require lol. I have a mate who retired to Ecuador from Germany around 10 years ago, he loves it.
Yes, please put up some pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hola Señora Gary, mí nobmrbe es Heather. Hablo un poco de español, soy estudiante de español ahora. Fui a Equador en 2015, desde Bogata en Colombia a Quito y luego a las Islas Galápagos, San Cristóbal, Santa Cruz e Isobella. Me encantó todo y espero volver algún día. Lovely to meet you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts