Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to purchase a workshop manual and would like some feedback on the workshop manuals available, (Gregories Haynes Ellorys) is there a cheaper option than shelling out $50.

Are the Gregory's manuals better than the others.

Cheers
Mainey88

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have an ellorys, it tells you everything you don't want to know and nothing you do. Can't recommend it. Nothing i've ever wanted to know has been in there, photos are pretty bad and instructions can be contradictory.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tonka but cant seem to open the link up, are you able to send again in maybe a different format or something.

Cheers
Mainey88

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback and links downloaded the manual so very happy chappy :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Loving all the diagrams for trim removal and the electrical schematics. Exactly what i need for this weekend's mods!

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
I have an ellorys, it tells you everything you don't want to know and nothing you do. Can't recommend it. Nothing i've ever wanted to know has been in there, photos are pretty bad and instructions can be contradictory.

I agree about the ellorys manual.

Every previous manual i had was a gregorys, easy to follow and find what you need.
After not being able to find a gregorys manual for my TB45 GU i had to settle for a ellorys, am pretty dissapointed and a waste of money.

·
Learned the hard way - RD28t out TD42 in
4,415 Posts
Don't know about the other 2 but the Haynes is the biggest pile of poop you can imagine - full of errors and doesn't even cover what it says it does - TD42 in particular. Best by far are the factory ones, downloads and / or keep you eye on ebay for paper copies.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a gregory's waiting for me at auto 1, keep manual in car and downloads on puter best of both worlds.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Pointless, just open the PDF files directly.

Electronic_Service_Manual_Nissan_Patrol_Y61\data is where they are, the "ce" folder is the 'first edition' release of the manual. fwd.pdf is the contents you can click through. idx.pdf is the index file at the back of the manual.

S1-5 folders are the service releases to add the extra info for each new model.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went to pick up the gregory's manual and left it in the shop, looks like the Haynes. As I understand it Haynes brought them out so I will stick to the electronic version and print off what I need.

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
I bought the Gregorys first, wan't impressed.

Then bought the Haynes, found it to be better.

The info on this site is a thousand times better!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts