Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My snorkel growls when i back off the power. Only notice it at low speeds when i have to frequently power on and off to go round roundabouts, intersections and the like. Sounds like a burbling growl. At first i thought some bearings or what not in the driveline ware buggered, but it's defo the snorkel....

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-bump-, no one has any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
nissan
1,181 Posts
Maybe it needs feeding ! :p (ha-ha)

What brand is the snorkel ? (nissan,safari) and what air cleaner are you running ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
haha yeh my petrol rodeo breathes like nobodies business, and it sounds awesome!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't mind the sound at all :) was just wondering if it was normal. It's the Ironman one. It's quite large in size (well, bigger than i expected). Air cleaner is standard.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, i see, i never asked a question! haha.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Maybe the frogs have moved.:D

Cheers

Ray

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Mine does the same mate, sounds similar to a wastegate opening? Not real tech savy

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine does the same mate, sounds similar to a wastegate opening? Not real tech savy
Never heard a wastegate opening mate (that i know of), but glad i'm not the only one!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
snorkels do that. Mine has a real drone at 80 in 4th gear. annoying but you have to live with it.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool. I'm not bovvad. Just wanted to make sure it was normal. Should it bother the missus a bit, you reckon one of those prefilter sock thingos'd do the trick?

·
Registered
nissan
81 Posts
A friend took all the growl out of his recently after going through a flock of galahs, yup mesh gone and all.
It was the loss of power that was the real issue. haha he loves his golf I told him it was the only birdy he was ever likely to get.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,293 Posts
Happening next week. Not so sure of myself now...:confused:
Hi Mic, So you went ahead, I thought you were going to get put off by some of the info on the other thread. Don't think I've seen an Iron Man, put up a pic mate.

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
Yep mine makes all kinds of noises. I love it personally. Dunno weather the minister does though. She seems to like driving with the window up a lot more now

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
I wouldn't use a snorkel sock for general driving, as they are sure to slow/interfere with air flow.
They have their place on the dirt though, lesser of two evils.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts