Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Am thinking about wacking one of these bad girls on my td42 currently have the dts td05 turbo at 16psi making 120kw.
Have done a bit of reading and am needing more/better inof on these 2876r turbos, feedback from people running these on their patrol would be appreciated, opinions, performance, boost, egts,trims front and rear housing, weather the .64 housing is ok to use or not as i have seen the dynos from united diesel and the 2860 is too hot with .64 ar hot side nad response, how quick itll make boost from rpm etc. i also know these are good for 25psi which can make aournd the 170rwkw mark is tuned right.

Thanks in advance
Luke

·
Registered
nissan
194 Posts
hey luke. from my understanding they boost quite high, not from my own experience though. Would like to know exact figures myself. Where does your mitsubish max boost at? Cheers rob

·
Registered
378 Posts
i have a gt2876r but it has a .60 front housing to aid quicker spool up soits the same front housing as a 2860 that has been machined up to fit and a .64 exhaust housing it works really well for me. i was running it with a gu 11mm pump

to compare it to my brothers truck with a 2860 i much prefer how it comes on boost it has a little bit of lag but made more power with less boost when compared to his ahd has more torque

I just got mine upgraded to a stainless steel cage bearing and bought a bigger pump but as of yet it has not been driven or tuned in this configuration

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey mate, having the 2860 front housing and wheel has less air flow then the 2876 higher air flow is less egt and wont need as much boost to make same power a mate has a 3071 on his with 64 housing hot side and it starts boost abit too slow for me which is why i was looking at 2876r it has good flow plus bit quicker spool.

Any one got any info on the JPC custom turbo??? have not heard alot about them but apparently they are good, would be great to get some fedback from guys running them

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts