Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put a turbo from gturbo in perth on their td42? had a chat with him today and he said he has done a few GQs with some pretty decent results (160kw+). so keen to hear experiences.

·
Registered
nissan
2,929 Posts
Graeme is usually pretty keen to show graphs, get a graph off him and post it up so we can compare how the 160kw is made.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
That was diesel central that got that.....maybe give them a call to see if they have use one in a 4.2

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
You wont find Greame sprouting off about TD42 turbo's anywhere on the net.
He respects Matt's time and effort that has given his product the reputation it has and has no desire to be targeting patrol owners for that particular reason.
I have seen all of the graphs from the turbo's he has made for them and they are all quite impressive.

I had the opportunity to fit one for a customer a few weeks back, but due to a nearly dead injector pump I coudlnt quite get the air fuel ratio below 27:1. So no real test results to be had yet.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
Is that green line a pre tune run or what?

A difference I can see there is that the line in green is run at a ramp rate of 100 which is pretty quick for a diesel, doesnt really show the true bottom end potential of any turbo really.

But the red line, is run at 150! Even faster which would generally again reduce how much bottom end torque the engine would make on the graph.

To show the potential of these things on a dyno you need the acceleration speed between 50-70

Would be great to see an AFR curve for those two runs if you have them also.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,678 Posts
The biggest issue with them is the total lack of information on the product.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,678 Posts
Any information at all that I can use to make a informed decision on whether to get one. All I ever hear is that its s secret and you have to buy one to find out. There is no information anywhere on them other than hearsay from a few tuners.
To say that someone makes a product for a particular engine but doesn't want to market such product to prospective buyers does not make sense at all.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts