Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just after people's opinion on which turbo and inter cooler setup I should get. I have a 2003 TD42ti with 300,000 on the clock, I'm wanting to tour with a small caravan, bit of beach work and forestry as well as the occasional 4wd park.
I want minimal lag and enough power too tow and overtake with ease.
I'm leaning towards a front mount, diesel central 12mm pump, GTurbo, new injectors and inlet manifold. I'm just having trouble finding good info on the GTurbo's from people that have one.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
12mm pump puts you strait into the big power category, which means 18g and 220+rwhp.
I can't comment on the 'lag' of a UFI 18g over a UFI UFI 16 large but my combo nets super sweet early spool. 16g large with all the fruit.
Il pm ya and you can give me a call if ya want. There to much to talk about.
As for g turbo, I can't help there.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,724 Posts
I have a DC6 230hp pump. Originally had a 16g/L, but now run an 18g.
There is a slight initial lag with the 18g compared to the 16g/L, but if I hadn't had the 16g/L I wouldn't have noticed it.....I don't now.

·
Registered
nissan
130 Posts
What did your 16 make with the pump Geoff?
Got a Dyno print out I can have a gander at? My pump should be here in a few days

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,724 Posts
It did 185rwhp with the DC6 and 16g/L, but it was detuned to suit the small intercooler.
Was running the factory air box (lid modded) and snorkel at the time.

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Hi Out&About
Welcome to the forum.
Matt's products from UFI comes highly recommended from not only myself, but many others on this forum.
Not only is it his product, but the support there after.
I've a 16 small, it suits my needs very well, whereas others are happy with their 18G extracting big power.
I contacted Matt, told him what I do with the vehicle, and followed with his recommendation, also investing in a cross country intercooler.
Got a tune from Andy, who is also on this form.
I didn't need to change my pump, thus its maxed out.
I'm very happy with my setup, good low down power.

·
Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Patrol Junkie, I'll give Matt a call and see what he recommends.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
While your talking to Matt ask him his thoughts on your front mount intercooler choice.
Some Guys including Matt had trouble with over heating on long up hill trips with a front mount because the air was restricted to the radiator. It doesn't really matter if you don't do long trips towing etc but otherwise I would stick to top mount or water to air.

·
Registered
nissan
1,174 Posts
A well designed front mount won't impede flow enough to cause overheating issues, common with eBay coolers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts