Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

601 - 620 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only thing I lost was boost gauge movement haha. It pulled harder everywhere, especially down low. Boost came on slower but all of my timed test runs were faster in all areas. 0-100/40-80/80-120km/h etc on my test roads. Which goes to show yet again just because you can make lots of boost earlier doesn't mean it performs better on road.
Roger that I'll take note. with my setup
I can play with crack pressures from 18,19,23psi

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
255 Posts
Should have been a politician. "I'm happy to answer all your questions about reliability, but 1st whats that over there?" *jumps in car and speeds away*

Customer service goes a long way, but is a headache for all concerned nonetheless. However, with a failure (symptom) of any kind there is a reason (cause). The cause is the important point, not the symptom.

Certainly I can add a great deal to this subject, and will since I e been asked. But, in the interests of performance which is the main point of discussion, if you don’t mind I’d like to see some reasoned responses to my prior message.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dunno wether to start a topic or if it's been covered but the differences between Silvertop and t Cam if it's overlap and the Silvertop has less overlap
If you wanted a t engine to get early torque rise wouldn't higher emp on the t spec Cam block some of the overlap?

I may not have to worry about this as I probably have a Silvertop spec but if it came to rebuild time a ground Cam with less overlap again be beneficial?

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Not sure if anyone knows the exact cam specs to enable a grind.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not sure if anyone knows the exact cam specs to enable a grind.
Not sure how even the lobes have to be but if the stock Cam was reground with the intake valve closing earlier shortening duration a a bit maybe will open the lobe separation less overlap if I'm on the right track haha

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just seen this on Facebook, I'm guessing MAP 1 on the dyno sheet is EMP but unsure of what IMP it's running;

TD42 owners. 300whp on 37” tyres with great response?

Looking for a better turbo? Well, theres a new kid in town that’s got attitude 💪💪💪.

Giving away only a little response for an incredible performance gain and safer on the engine.

Here’s a back to back with a popular 18G. Running the same AFRs but a lot more boost, the exhaust backpressure was kept at all times under the 18G even though boost was raised!

Power and torque difference? Incredible

740Nm -> 888Nm
228hp -> 300hp

At wheels on 37” tyres!

Nice work Macaulie Eddy

GTurbo offers far lower backpressure than the TD05 based turbos which translates to better fuel economy and less stress on the crankshaft due to lower peak cylinder pressure.

Watch this space; more results to be posted on standard wheels and tyres and will be ready to ship in 2 weeks once the cores are built and balanced and the compressor covers and turbine housings come off our CNC machined.

FB_IMG_1599971246090.jpg
FB_IMG_1599971251364.jpg
FB_IMG_1599971241995.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
121 Posts
Impressive results. And im in the market for a Turbo. Ill be watching with a keen eye.

Bull

·
Registered
778 Posts
Found some updated info on the boost levels. So it's roughly 1.8:1 EMP ratio for the Gturbo and 2.5:1 for the UFI if these results are true. From their comments they seem to think the UFI TD05 isn't the greatest.

Polish_20200913_195723096.png

Polish_20200913_215804117.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
2,871 Posts
Hmmm, I have done a bit of this over the years, yet to see over 1.8:1 even when doing very silly things.
It is interesting however that a guy who uses a TD05 based turbine wheel in a CT26 style core has issue with them, bit hypocritical I suggest.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hmmm, I have done a bit of this over the years, yet to see over 1.8:1 even when doing very silly things.
It is interesting however that a guy who uses a TD05 based turbine wheel in a CT26 style core has issue with them, bit hypocritical I suggest.
Yes, I found it a bit hard to believe all the figures being thrown out there especially since they specifically choose not to show the intake manifold pressure along with the EMP graph they picked to release. So they could really be picking and choosing figures to skew the results.

Should they not have compared this to a 21 or 23L etc considering the Gturbo blue wheel is their largest offering of their range?

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,037 Posts
Yes, I found it a bit hard to believe all the figures being thrown out there especially since they specifically choose not to show the intake manifold pressure along with the EMP graph they picked to release. So they could really be picking and choosing figures to skew the results.

Should they not have compared this to a 21 or 23L etc considering the Gturbo blue wheel is their largest offering of their range?
They'd never fudge, would they??

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,605 Posts
I've noticed a pattern.

When someone achieves a result, just discredit the results and call the graph rubbish.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've noticed a pattern.

When someone achieves a result, just discredit the results and call the graph rubbish.
I'm not concerned or discrediting the results/graph, it's a great result. I'm concerned more about the figures that aren't listed in which they are claiming to be superior. But like what was mentioned earlier the monster blue wheel is always going to look better in the areas they've choosen to compared it against on the small 18G. I've been lied to before by Gturbo so I always struggled to believe what they say is entirely correct all the time but I do enjoy seeing stuff like this for us to enjoy and talk about. Would be interesting to see it go head to head against a turbo that's more of a match though as I believe that 18G was more like a Gturbo green wheel or maybe red wheel in terms of better match up.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I've noticed a pattern.

I realise you have an axe to grind but do you suggest we believe everything we hear, especially from a salesperson because they never manipulate the tests or data etc. My understanding is that Gturbo hasn't been renowned for their undoctored facts in the past

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,605 Posts
I realise you have an axe to grind but do you suggest we believe everything we hear, especially from a salesperson because they never manipulate the tests or data etc. My understanding is that Gturbo hasn't been renowned for their undoctored facts in the past

Which salesman do you suppose we listen too?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
None that don't provide full background to their methodology.

Reactions: Aaron73

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,605 Posts
Haven't seen any UFI testing on EMP.

That's why I did my own.

·
Registered
nissan
2,871 Posts
Haven't seen any UFI testing on EMP.

That's why I did my own.
And to my knowledge you haven't seen any actual testing from the turbo supplier in this case either, it was a third party, so what is your point?

But there is actually a post in the sticky section at the top from 2010 with some initial testing done back in the day by UFI???

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,605 Posts
And to my knowledge you haven't seen any actual testing from the turbo supplier in this case either, it was a third party, so what is your point?

But there is actually a post in the sticky section at the top from 2010 with some initial testing done back in the day by UFI???
Bpress15psi_0001.jpg

Are you referring to this??

601 - 620 of 622 Posts