Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
Just thought that i would let you all know that i have just installed my second Gturbo as my first one failed after a very short life span.
Graeme was a pleasure to deal with and really does stand behind his product.
Ill keep you all posted as to how this one goes.
But from seat a seat of the pants feeling this one is performing much better than the last.
So far i would recommend as long as your not in a rush as he is quite busy.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Hi Bothe. What happened to the first Gturbo ? Which type have u got ? Any other mods Unichip etc

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey sydo.
Not sure what Graeme found on strip down but to me having a quick look without striping it down seemed to have bent the compressor wheel shaft.

As for mods i now have a stage 3 Gturbo, uni Chip with the add on unit to drive injectors, cross country cooler and have also had the ecm flashed.
Catch can, egr block and of course 3 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
Have you got a dyno at all what it's making at the wheels by anychnace? How much boost with a stage 3, I didn't even know he went past stage 1 yet lol

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Hey sydo.
Not sure what Graeme found on strip down but to me having a quick look without striping it down seemed to have bent the compressor wheel shaft.

As for mods i now have a stage 3 Gturbo, uni Chip with the add on unit to drive injectors, cross country cooler and have also had the ecm flashed.
Catch can, egr block and of course 3 inch exhaust.
Standard airbox and snorkel ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Made 190 hp @ rear wheels.
That was on the old turbo that i feel never really preformed as it should have. Im interested in running it on the dyno again as it feels as it goes better now.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have seen some of there work, and it looks nice. Ill be there when i have cash. I definitely have a huge amount of vacuum in the inlet as my catch can has stopped working as well as it used to.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first stage one cost me $2700.
Then after it failed i made the choice to uograde to the stage 3 and that cost me another 900. Not sure what it would cost to do straight up. Give him a call.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
Did you see the millweld airbox with the adapter to suit the maf sensor thread looks like the way to go

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For anybody who cares it would appear that my second Gturbo has just failed.
Slightly devo

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haven't had it stripped down as of yet. But its really started howling, as though it has become unbalanced, and sounds like the compressor wheel is contacting the housing.
No parts to build new one for 3 months so I'd guess no parts to repair for that long as well.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu6
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I am aware they have a habbit of burning the tips off the turbine.
Also he did say he had a bit of trouble balancing this one up

1 - 20 of 147 Posts