Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patroll gu1999 4.2td
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my first post as a new member. Wondering if anybody can help me with some advice. My problem is, Engine wont idle,cuts out at lights at less than 1500 revs. No power at low revs, White grey smoke when not under load, Problem came on over 3 months, Hard to start hot or cold (starts with ether). Fuel economy seems to be ok/unchanged. Power over 2200 revs is ok, no visible smoke. No oil consumption or coolant loss,not overheating (never been overheated). 170000 KM on the clock, second owner. Everything seems to be normal apart from the above problems. I have done these things to try and cure the problem. New air and fuel and oil filters, new oil,have Rand R the glow plugs and confirmed to be fine. Bypassed the fuel system with gravity feed direct to pump with clear tubing.(It has a working electric pusher pump in the rear near the tank). Flow appears to be ok after the filter. Bled the injectors and they seem to all working. Have had a diesel guy look at them and he said they are not the problem. We did try advancing the pump at the flange. Also took out the gauze filter on the inlet, new solenoid valve, (can hear it clicking). Sucked on the boost line from the turbo while it was running (no difference). Battery fully charged. Scratched head a lot and looked on the forums on here. Please help, Thanks heaps in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts