Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy
Glad to have stumbled on to this site , lots of great info.
Have had my Gu 2.8 y61 Diesel 1998 for a good eight years now and the common issue cracked head finally rose its ugly head and cracked cylinder head.
I have spent many dollars/ hours/days removing and installing replacement reconditioned head and because I had replaced tiing belt recently 6 months ago I decided to use same one unfortunately marks were faded and it must of been out possibly a tooth and when started heard loud Knock so turned off straight away.
Thinking valves were bent removed and inspected and found none bent.
Could something else have been knocking, sounded like a really loud hammer noise .
I noticed looks like a pump bolted to top of rocker which rest internally with a spring on to the camshaft, could this made the noise.
Have put head back on and purchased new timing belt.
Can someone please advise how to set top dead Centre up correctly cam timing and Injector timing.
On the timing for injector pump can I just make sure marks line up or does the injector pump have to be on a certain revolution similar to crank timing?
This first time dealing with diesel injection
Much Appreciate any advice as tackling tomorrow and don't want to mess it up again.
Need back on road before Wet season round the corner.
Have a good weekend guys and girls in the outdoors driving around your beast.

Cheers
Dazz

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,203 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Go to the Manuals link in my signature and download the genuine manual to SUPP XV, the first sections cover the early engines and I know the 2.8 is in there.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,203 Posts
Hi geeyoutoo where is your signature, is that the red highlighted Gu Electronic manual as I downloaded and couldnt locate section you mentioned . Thanks
My signature is directly under my posts, yes the red highlighted. You will need to go through the sections, I know there are 2.8 exploded views and instructions in there somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts