Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , fairly new so be gentle.
Looking at genie exhust 3" to install myself but do I get the no muffler or with. Also ceramic dump or something it said... can anyone help/ suggest.
Also what chip... Im just mainly a tourer and take a boat.
Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,868 Posts
Hi all , fairly new so be gentle.
Looking at genie exhust 3" to install myself but do I get the no muffler or with. Also ceramic dump or something it said... can anyone help/ suggest.
Also what chip... Im just mainly a tourer and take a boat.
Thanks in advance
Personally, I feel the 3" is a little big for the 2000DI (that is what I have), the smaller 2 3/4" may give you more torque, but anyway, get the muffler, the last thing you want to risk is droning on long trips and yes get a good Hiflow Cat (dump) makes a lot of difference.

·
Registered
nissan gu
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else think the 3" is not right, as most people say do 3.
What about chip, has anyone done both and what do you recomend

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Make sure you have put the boost and egt gauges in first. Plus make sure you have the boost control (Dawes/needle) in before exhaust and chip upgrades.

·
Registered
nissan gu
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the turbo is set at 13

·
Registered
nissan gu
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any recomend a chip and or a place to have it done in Adelaide

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
If you get the Dawes and needle set up right you might not need a chip :)
I've helped heaps of people in Adelaide set up and tune them to get great performance, sing out if you need a hand. We also have a NADS meet up in the meetups section if you'd like to see what people are running.

I tuned a zd last weekend and set it to a smooth 15psi and the difference was certainly noticeable.

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts
Anyone else think the 3" is not right, as most people say do 3.
What about chip, has anyone done both and what do you recomend
Here is an old thread that contains very good information on exhaust systems and why you might choose one over the other Exhaust on 3.0 is 2.5" or 3" best" - enjoy :)

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
I've got a Safari Dtronic chip, its pretty good. Good power and economy

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,868 Posts
I've got a Dtronic in mine as well, 13 years, they are a bit long in the tooth now and you can only get them second hand (I've supplied instructions to a few guy's recently actually) and there were some issues with tune standards with the early ones. We tried 2 in mine before it was happy.

The replacement is the Unichip, if I was doing it again that would be my preferred option over anything else.

Whitie and I have discussed exhausts many times over the years (he has a 2.5 and I have a 2 3/4) and even though last time we compared mine had a little more torque, his came in lower, and that's a winner as far as I'm concerned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts