Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i have a 2008 Troll with a front passenger window that is not winding up or down at all .

Initially it was working in that it would wind up from teh drivers side master control .

That have me the $hits (just working from the Drivers side door only) so with advice from here on the forum i pulled the switch off from the door on the passenger side and had a look
- switch seemed to need to be fiddled with and the window would then wind up / down , so all good i thought
- 24 hours later and .............i'll be buggered neither the master control OR the passenger window will now wind up or down (in 24 hours BOTH driver and passenger side window switches would not wind the window up or down:headwall:)
- I pulled the window switch from the rear passenger door and put it into the front passenger door (to see if it was a faulty switch) but the front window would not work with the rear passenger switch

CAn anyone advise what the fork i have done wrong here now that BOTH the drivers side swith (which i never touched) and teh passenger side switch dont work

I dont really want to pay Nissan a visit if i can help it :cool:

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the rear door windows still work?

You haven't got the window lock switch on have you?
Yep - the rear windows/ motor work fine .
i used the front windows motor in the rear window and the rear window didint work ( so i assume its the window motor thats faulty)
Only problem is it does not explain why the drivers side window controller (master controller) worked winding down the passenger side window and now it doesnt wind down the passenger side window :ranting:

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Have you put a meter on the rocker switch to see if it's working properly?

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you put a meter on the rocker switch to see if it's working properly?

Ray - nope i havent
Forgive me for asking but whilst i have a Volt meter i dont know how to hook it up to the switch (any advice would be appreciated)
There are bloody wires everywhere on that rocker switch :p

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
What you need to do is measure how many volts go through the terminals when a connection is applied (and perhaps compare it to a known working switch). These multi-rocker switches can be a bugger to work out, so I'm not sure how much this will help (have to go out so will try and get more info later):

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
65 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Patrol (07) passenger side window would wind down but not up!! I could control it from the drivers side switch. I ended up pulling the switch out and carefully stripping it down and found a bit of cabon build up on the contacts, not much but enough to stop the show.. I carefully cleaned them up with emery paper and refitted (there are a few bits that look like they would snap very easily) now it works.. not sure if this of any help or not....

cheers

Reddirt204

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a similar problem with my Patrol (07) passenger side window would wind down but not up!! I could control it from the drivers side switch. I ended up pulling the switch out and carefully stripping it down and found a bit of cabon build up on the contacts, not much but enough to stop the show.. I carefully cleaned them up with emery paper and refitted (there are a few bits that look like they would snap very easily) now it works.. not sure if this of any help or not....

cheers

Reddirt204
Thanks reddirt and Ray

i have had the rocker switch pulled out but for teh life of me i cannot see how these switches "come apart" to clean the contacts that people are referring to .
Is there a trick to pulling them apart as such as i have seperated the swich (white in colour with a toggle of sorts on top of it) but i cannot see how it comes apart at all

Thanks for all the assistance thus far too . In particular Ray with the Diagnosis chart :smile:

·
Registered
nissan
196 Posts
Kato

I am assuming you just have the White switch in your hands...
If you look from the top down just gently insert a flat s/driver between the slide and the housing this will release the two parts, be careful there are 2 copper rockers and 2 ball bearings and 2 springs that could fly out at ya TAKE NOTE OF DIRECTION OF ROCKER.... clean all the black carbon off and reassemble same way came apart, and done

Here is a quick doc i just threw together

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kato

I am assuming you just have the White switch in your hands...
If you look from the top down just gently insert a flat s/driver between the slide and the housing this will release the two parts, be careful there are 2 copper rockers and 2 ball bearings and 2 springs that could fly out at ya TAKE NOTE OF DIRECTION OF ROCKER.... clean all the black carbon off and reassemble same way came apart, and done
Bongon

Thanks for that .

Yes - i do have the white switch .

Since i have played with it (the switch on the front passengers door)
  • The drivers side master control doesnt opearate the front passenger window (never touched it :anger:but now its not working)
  • The front passenger window wont bloody work either
Its as if i have made it worse (at least the master controller on the drivers side got the passenger side window up and down )

Anyway thansk for the explanation as at least i can give this a whirl

Onya dude

·
Registered
nissan
196 Posts
Yup I had the same here, dunno why or what I did but I cracked it and did them all. You can try and get a contact grease from jaycar or similar to try and minimise the future failures whilst you have them open

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup I had the same here, dunno why or what I did but I cracked it and did them all. You can try and get a contact grease from jaycar or similar to try and minimise the future failures whilst you have them open

Cannot thank you enough

If it doesnt work - off to Auto Elect

which i can handle if i have tried my best to sort it myself (your e mail photos will assist undoubtedly there)

regards :D

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
If you've got the switches out, try maybe giving the passenger switch a small squirt of WD40. It certainly shouldn't hurt it, and if it is a contact issue, it might reveal the problem, or not.

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK the latest
  • took out passenger side switch
  • cleaned up ball bearings etc (photos posted worked a treat)
  • put it all back together
  • sorry - nothing
i had tried the working rocker switch from the rear door in the passenger door - no go either (bugger me) I suspect i am not getting any power to tehe switch ??

So ist off to the Auto Eleccy unless anyone else has a idea of what may be wrong
I am grateful for teh help on thsi forum though to date on this issue as i have gone a long way (more than i ever coudl have by myself)

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have power in the white wire at the passenger side switch?
Buggered if i know .
I suspect not (as the rear window rocker switch isnt working in the front console)
WTF would cause power to just bloodt "stop" :headwall:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts