Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my GU IV wagon reqire castor correction after a 3 inch lift? The only accesory is an alloy bull bar so I would expect full 75 mm of lift and will be fitting 33inch tyres.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Yes mate it will. My question is with a 2" lift and 1" coil spacers will there be a need for castor correction?

Cheers, sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
118 Posts
My question is with a 2" lift and 1" coil spacers will there be a need for castor correction?
Doesn't that add up to 3in. Over 2in the steering becomes a little twitchy and doesn't like to track straight. Requires lots of little constant steering corrections. The higher the lift the worse it is.

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Some drive ok with 2" lift and other tend to wander.. Anything over 2" needs castor correction by either offset bushes, new radius arms to suit lift or drop boxes. Also need new draglinks, otherwise the wheels will sit out to one side of the car off centre. Should also do extended brake lines or on full travel it can cause u to break them. And extended sway bar links help for it to ride nice too.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Thanks mate. Any ideas on what shock lengths I should use? If I do go for a longer than 3" lifted shock, will I need to extend bumpstops to stop the shocks from bottoming out?

Thanks again

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
Thanks mate. Any ideas on what shock lengths I should use? If I do go for a longer than 3" lifted shock, will I need to extend bumpstops to stop the shocks from bottoming out?

Thanks again
You can go up to a 4" shock without extending bumpstops.
Going to even longer shocks & then fitting extended bumpstops you negate the advantage of the longer shock :headwall:
Cheers

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
Hey ladies. . . i bolted my 35's on my GUIV the other day to have a look (stock standard suspension). . . . im thinking ill just buy a 2in lift and see how it goes (shocks, springs, steering-damper, radius arm spacer). . . . until i get my act together and get a 4-5in lift.

that way iv always got a good legal kit, for when i get defected i can whack em straight in.

-Hey zordo. . . how much for just a basic 2in kit. . .

·
Registered
nissan
107 Posts
Im looking at a 3 inch lift for my GUIV aswell , what are some good but not expensive shocks that are true 3 inch , not just 2 or 4

Cheers , Dylan

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Cheers fellas. I thought the idea of having longer shocks on a smaller lift was to gain downward travel? While sacrificing upward travel as the extended bumpstops would stop the shock from bottoming out?

Cheers again guys, still in the learning stages

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Will my GU IV wagon reqire castor correction after a 3 inch lift? The only accesory is an alloy bull bar so I would expect full 75 mm of lift and will be fitting 33inch tyres.
after zordo fitted my 3inch suspension a few years back, weeks later i thought about castor correction.

i bought them from this 4x4 place near slacks creek, when all fitted the patrol felt worser. after a few months of 4wding they fell apart.

my advice, dont get them. you dont even need it for 3inch lift anyways. my patrol had 3inch + 35's and it didnt need them.

later down the track i got 5inch superior lift with superior drop boxs - felt better than stock :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts