Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day.

Plenty of good info on the airbox swap, so I have grabbed one to fit when the time comes to fix my intake piping.

When I received the airbox I found that one of the factory moulded plastic mounts has been broken off the bottom of the airbox. Out of the 3 plastic mounts it is the single one mounted up higher than the other two.

I am not ready to do the swap yet, so I don't want to pull my airbox out just to check this. Do I need this plastic mount to fit the airbox to the GQ, or does it just mount using the other brackets?

Cheers,
Shayne

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
i think you would want all 3. not 100% but could tell ya after the weekend possibly.
if you do need it and still have the little piece. just qbond it back on. that stuff is awesome. it will be albut as strong as original if done right.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the broken piece.

I was not told it was broken when I agreed to buy the box. Missing a lid clip, and another one is bent, so I need two of those too. :(

If guys are mounting them without using this plastic mount then I will not worry about it, but if you need to use it then that will be disappointing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With only two mounts it won't be held very securely. I suppose if your mounting it to a snorkel the pipe to the snorkel will help to hold it steady too. Can you return it? Unless it was really cheap I'd try to return it. It will work but it's not ideal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts