Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all in the process of refitting a turbo kit to a gu 4.2turbo diesel.
as to why it was removed i have no idea its how we bought it,
anyway the oil feed pipe is there but need the banjo bolt and washers for that and the complete oil return line setup.
couple of questions.
a does the return on a factory 4.2 turbo diesel go into the block just above the sump into a bung around 22mm diameter?
or am i better to just knock a hole into the sump and go that way.
other question is where is the best place to get these apart from nissan. as they want an arm and a leg for something i would have thought would be fairly common, just dont know who would be able to supply em? was thinking mtq but would prefer something on the gold coast.
cheers

·
Right Turn Clyde
1,050 Posts
I may have the return pipe and bolt. Fitted a gu setup on mine not long ago and it had all the factory lines which I could'nt use. I'll look through my stuff and get back to you.

cheers.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all i need now it the bolt mate. i ended up getting a genuine return pipe. only place that had em. and up until you mentioned it i thought getting second handies was inpossible haha.
if you have the banjo bolt though would be pretty good as otherwise its off to pirtek.
thanks

·
Right Turn Clyde
1,050 Posts
I've got a couple of different sized banjo bolts but if you need it for the weekend I think pirtek would be your best bet. I'm fairly sure its a bspt thread.
cheers.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmm ok in your collection is one a bspt thread??? around 10mm diameter. if so pirtek may be able to help as i went to see them today and the bung i took out of the engine was only a metric thread. so was unable to match anything up. how certain are you that its bspt thread???
thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts