Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. my mate has just told me hes thinking of getting 4.6 ratios for his gu wagon and i said i would take the 4.3's off his hands. he said he wants $200 for them.

so my question is, will the gu gears fit my gq? and even if they dont fit, i should still buy them for $200 shouldnt i. thats cheap for 4.3 gears hey :)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also another quick question. its a auto zd30 and as said above it has 4.3's in it. now the car came with 31 inch wheels, he has been running 33's and is now going 35's.

so should we go 4.6 or 4.8 to compensate for the 35's??????

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey darren,

$200 for the ring and pinion only or the whole diff carrier? Even only the gear for front and rear $200 is cheap (assume in good condition). It will fit GQ diff as long as they are H233B diff.

If factory has 4.375 for 31 tyre, to go 35" you should really use 4.88 to bring everthing back to factory standard. But the 4.88 gear are not genuine and there are report of them being not reliable. so 4.625 (nissan one from RD28 engine) would be the choice me think.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey mate how are ya??? how are the Silverstone's treating ya??

thanks for that info,ill be sure to pass that info on to my mate. im sure he wont want to put weak parts in his diffs. are you running 4.625's in your rig????? i see in your signature you have superflex arms,did you have them in when i seen you last????

when are we going on another trip?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
6 Posts
Now the problem is, where can i get a strong set of 4.8's that aren't Italian or indian made?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts