Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu dx
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just bought a gu 3lt 2002 and love the thought of a 6ltr chev conversion but I think I'm gona hate what the insurance company says has anyone insured one if so feedback and cost would be great and does anyone know of a place in melbourne to get it done and how much that would cost drive in and out. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im insured with Australian 4WD insurance and when i put the 6ltr in mine i rang them up and they just changed the vehicle details saying as long as the mods were legal ( engineers report ) there were no problems ( and no cost increase ! )

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu dx
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is yours registered for the street or do you just bash it around on the weekends? And how good does it go Iv never seen one but I would imagine great :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is registered and is a daily driver. It does go well but at a price, around 20l per 100km. I should also note as far as insurance is concerned, they dont consider it worth anymore despite the expense of doing the conversion !

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu dx
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ye I know how they can drink I just got rid of my ve ss with the insurance do you mean they dont put a value on it?

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu dx
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And what gear box are u running the standard patrol or the six speed???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haha, Ive stuck with the Nissan auto, which in hindsight wasnt the best choice but ive thrown enough money and time at it now to make it work properly and be tough to handle the v8. The auto is great offroad but i feel it chews up a bit too much power and fuel on the road.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu dx
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man you've been a great help I really appreciate you replying to my post as I am new to this forum I thought I would of got more feedback from some off the other guys here oh well maybe people don't know too much about the conversion or just don't like the the v8 idea as much as I do either way thanks again for all the info. Cheers mate

·
Registered
nissan
972 Posts
You won't get much feedback as very few have done it. It just doesn't make any sense. If you want power sell the ZD30 and buy a 4.8, it will work out a lot cheaper and you won't have any of the hassles that go with conversions. If you want a pretty relaxing cruiser with good economy and excellent range then stick with the ZD30.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
315 Posts
You won't get much feedback as very few have done it. It just doesn't make any sense. If you want power sell the ZD30 and buy a 4.8, it will work out a lot cheaper and you won't have any of the hassles that go with conversions. If you want a pretty relaxing cruiser with good economy and excellent range then stick with the ZD30.
whilst i agree with you i will say that an LS2 sounds way cooler than the 4.8 :)

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu dx
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know the ls2 does sound wild and Iv been doing a bit of reading on the 4.8 and apparently you can get those things to 800hp depending on what you wana spend now I don't really need that much power but that's awesome I recon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts