Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have acquired some genuine Nissan alloys for my GU-I. I'm not really sure of the years that these alloys ran for but I'm pretty sure they were common alloys until the "chunky" alloys that are still available now.

Long story short - I need the centre caps for them. The black ones from my steel rims don't look so good.
Where can I get them from without spending a mother load?

Cheers for any advice. ;)

·
Premium Member
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,023 Posts
Try forum vendor Nizzbits for the best price on a set of new ones.

Otherwise, ebay and wreckers are your best bets.

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
I just grabbed a whole set of GU centre caps for $80. Basically as new condition.

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. Just to clarify then, are the centre caps in the image bottom going to fit the alloy wheel in the image below?
Is there a name/model/type/year I can call these caps or am I to assume that the grey/silver centre caps in the image the same for all genuine GU Nissan alloys what, 98-present?
I'd hate to buy a set off a 2007 model and they don't fit - if you know what I mean .... :(
Thanks heaps!

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I payed that myself i was in the same boat as you. Nissan want an arm and a leg for them. If you pick up a full Set for Under $100 seems like a good deal to me.

The ones you've posted there are the right ones. I believe they are a multi fit type thingo. I've seen the sames ones on other nissan Cars, including later patrol with the 17inch wheels and also D22 Str Navara's use them on their Alloys.

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
hey cuppa - the 'caps' you posted in the photo are the right fit, we have the same alloys on our 03 GU and recently had one replaced last year (by Nissan) and I checked the invoice to double check, and it was billed as a generic part across all the GU models so you should be fine :)

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey cuppa - the 'caps' you posted in the photo are the right fit, we have the same alloys on our 03 GU and recently had one replaced last year (by Nissan) and I checked the invoice to double check, and it was billed as a generic part across all the GU models so you should be fine :)
Yep that's good news thanks. I'll keep my eye out for a set then.

Adamski, if I find a front set then I'll look you up. Be good to have all 4 yeah.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I just purchased 5x alloys brand new never been used with the center caps for 400 USD complete in garage clearance in Philippines. Now I need to know what Im going to do with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Thanks all. Just to clarify then, are the centre caps in the image bottom going to fit the alloy wheel in the image below?
Is there a name/model/type/year I can call these caps or am I to assume that the grey/silver centre caps in the image the same for all genuine GU Nissan alloys what, 98-present?
I'd hate to buy a set off a 2007 model and they don't fit - if you know what I mean .... :(
Thanks heaps!
Yep they are ok. The mags you have pictured are series 2-3 16 inch alloys (not 97-98 but still fit).
The caps are the same on those alloys and the 17 inch alloys series 4 until current.
So any alloy caps from series 3 on should be good.
Note the Navara ones (mentioned above) are similar in looks but not quite the same. From memory they are not as deep.

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Note the Navara ones (mentioned above) are similar in looks but not quite the same. From memory they are not as deep.
Thanks for the update. Not sure about the depth of them but i did check on the way home and the pattern on the Navara ones is slightly different. Appologies for Bum Steer earlier

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep they are ok. The mags you have pictured are series 2-3 16 inch alloys (not 97-98 but still fit).
The caps are the same on those alloys and the 17 inch alloys series 4 until current.
So any alloy caps from series 3 on should be good.
That's excellent thanks for that info. Series 2-3 righto. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a set Patrol only.
Cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi all,
I have acquired some genuine Nissan alloys for my GU-I. I'm not really sure of the years that these alloys ran for but I'm pretty sure they were common alloys until the "chunky" alloys that are still available now.

Long story short - I need the centre caps for them. The black ones from my steel rims don't look so good.
Where can I get them from without spending a mother load?

Cheers for any advice. ;)

There was a set of front and rears with a start price of $65 on Ebay

Just looked again, Might have finished!!!!

Pretty sure I have a spare set of front's. I'll check the shed over the weekend.

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There was a set of front and rears with a start price of $65 on Ebay

Just looked again, Might have finished!!!!

Pretty sure I have a spare set of front's. I'll check the shed over the weekend.
That would be great Daryl. I've found some rears to buy possibly. Might be able to line up a whole set with yours.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That would be great Daryl. I've found some rears to buy possibly. Might be able to line up a whole set with yours.
Sorry mate:sad:, just searched the shed. Appears as though they are gone, only have a single rear(Which I will hang onto incase somone tax's one of mine).

I will let you know if they turn up.

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
I have a pair of front caps, 1 is missing the wire spreader ring.

$45 pair.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts