Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a 2nd hand factory bull bar. I have no idea as to how to install it but it did come with some bolts, and the indicators already installed into the bar with wires hanging out with plugs on the ends. I have a 1998 Ti with the Ti bar on it currently.
Do the plugs connect with a set of plugs on the car? Can someone help me?

Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can I use the bracket off the Ti bar to mount the bull bar or do I need a different bracket?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi 1subwoofer,

What year bar is the one you are fitting/

If i can get to a scanner tomorrow i could send you the instructions for the 08/2004 On Wagon. If you want them PM your email address.

If your bar is an earlier model try Nizzbits. He might be able tp send you the fitting instructions.

My genuine bulbar just came with scotchlocks to splice in the wiring. I got an auot electrcian to do a better job. So i don't believe there is a plug harness ready for use.

Cheers

Grogey

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unsure of year of bull bar but it will definitely fit 1997-2003. It has the code F2200-VB00A and Y61 written on it if this means anything.
I have no idea what scotchlocks are. I suppose you just take the plugs off and solder the matching wires together and that's it?
I'm going to have a look at Nizzbits now thnx

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a website called Nizzbits selling parts so I assume he is person on this site - had a look and couldn't find him. I've also searched on the internet for similar posts - I did find a guide but for an Ironman aftermarket bar, can I use this?

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
It's pretty easy to do mate.

I reckon grab a mate over and a carton of brews and just get started on it. Unbolt the old bar and you'll soon see what needs to be done.

As far as the indicators in the bar go all I did was cut off the plugs and hard wire them. Think there was only three wires to match up so was pretty easy. Solder and heatshrink.

TF

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bull Bar install is not easy.. its taken me over an hour just to undo 4 bolts - whoever put this thing together has done everything up real tight.
Think I might have to pay someone to install because I can't even unbolt the current bar & bumper to begin with

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,529 Posts
Wire brush the threads clean of mud apply WD-40 (or any penetrating oil - I like penetrene) leave for an hour (or more) the re-apply a bit more and use an impact gun.

A breaker 600mm bar and some heat works well to help loosen the nuts too. If you apply heat - not too much then apply penetrating oil again I find that it "wicks" into the nut down the thread better.

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
The bolts cop a lot of water exposure - WD40 everything and leave it for an hour, then try again.
This is exactly what I did... worked a treat.

Although I did only do this after I snapped a spanner.... so i spent the time waiting for the WD40 to soak in out buying good quality spanners. Haha they're still going strong today!

TF

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep worked fine got the Ti bar off and I'll probably take the bumper off tomorrow night and try to get the bull bar on

·
Registered
nissan
1,529 Posts
This is exactly what I did... worked a treat.

Although I did only do this after I snapped a spanner.... so i spent the time waiting for the WD40 to soak in out buying good quality spanners. Haha they're still going strong today!

TF
Brute force is rarely the right way to go about it. :headwall:
Lucky you didnt hurt yourself I've seen a bloke end up in emergency with a spanner in his wrist after it snapped!

Even if you dont have a pneumatic rattle gun a hand held impact driver given a few blows with a ball pein hammer will do an effective job and loosening things.

Hand Impact Driver:

Should cost you around $30 and about the same for a set of 10 metric impact sockets.
Even with a rattle gun I use mine a great deal.

$100 mapp gas blow torch is super handy tool to have - it'll get your fire cranking when your camping when youve got wet timber ;)
But also great for cracking locked on nuts, soldering and braising.

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
Yeh i certainly learned from my mistake. I like the blow torch idea! I might have to get my hands on one of them :)

1sub, throw some pics up of the process and finished result :)

TF

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
TI BAR IS REMOVED

GRILLE IS REMOVED

Can't work out which bolts are still holding the bumper on.. its only lose on the ends

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bumper is off and bull bar is on barely.. can't get it to sit properly so I can bolt it up
It looks really good and a heap better than the nudge bar!

·
Registered
238 Posts
You'll need top use big washers as spacers to get it to sit right, takes a bit of friggin around

·
Registered
nissan
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bull Bar is sitting almost right.. just can't get one bolt to align seriously considering just bashing it with a hammer because I've fiddled around with it move it up and down, removed bolts put them back in etc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts