Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Have been searching and reading around for a bit.. Does anyone know what bushes commonly need to be replaced on a GU wagon and what the associated symptoms generally are?

I have read plenty of advice of sticking to genuine bushes.

I think one i have worked out, is front panhard bushes give a wobble, still not sure what rears do.

The problem I am trying to root cause is a sligh back-forward-back motion when you come to a complete stop.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Santo

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Hi All,

The problem I am trying to root cause is a sligh back-forward-back motion when you come to a complete stop.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Santo
I have just replaced the rear lower arm bushes and about to fit new rear upper adjustable arms.
I could feel the rear squirm slightly when I gently accelerated or backed off when coasting on the highway. Under braking, like you describe, there was a bit the rock forward and back motion. That has gone with the new rear lower bushes, but I still have a little clunk noise/movement in the rear diff or spring area. So I am hoping that might go when I fit the new rear upper arms and re tighten all the other bolts again.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Mine were flogged bad just had a big thud when accelerating and braking. Only use genuine nissan bushes my non genuine lasted 12 months genuine last 15 years.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
They came in my roadrunner heavy duty arms. The arms are tough as the bushes were ****e.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Thanks, were the bushes you changed visibly worn, or did you test with some sort of pry method?

Cheers,

Santo
Yes the lower rears were visibly worn. When I parked on a slope, I could see the bolt was pushed back or forward in the bush and not sitting central (back or forward, depending if I was facing up or down slope in my driveway).

When I took the arms out I could see the central metal tube sleeve had started to pull away from the rubber.
So try parking on a slope.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Can you take a pic of those arms? I might check mine out.. Good advice re genuine bushes too.. Check out atoc for a cheaper price on genuine stuff too

Padded from my LG-D855 using Padatalk.

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had a bit of a look. I think control arm bushes are fine, had a bit of a play... I think lower panhard bush is stuffed I think tyre pressures are giving me the rocking motion. What pressure do you most people run on road?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts