Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

just wondering what kms should you get out of a standard clutch and what price would you expect to replace one?
are you better off going with a standard again or a heavy duty?

its a 98 4.5l wagon with 4inch and 35's

thanks clint

·
Registered
129 Posts
with a td42 i replaced the clutch at 295,000k's when it was turboed. was pretty much worn out by then. Everyone i talked to seemed to think 300,000k's is about standard for general running. I replaced my with a heavy duty clutch, which cost me somewhere around $1200 fitted i think.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Clint, much appreciated.

i just got 176k out of mine, but after talking to the machanic yesterday he said the slave cylinder wasnt returning and could have been the reason why it burnt out, prop a result of water getting in.
just cost $1330 for a heavy duty.
picked it up yest and went for a bit of a drive, the clutch still feels a little weird i think, when engaging clutch you can come about 10cm off the floor before it grabs then grabs for about 10cm then the last 5cm of the pedal is nothing again. is this odd? if so can it be changed?
thanks clint

·
Registered
nissan
1,527 Posts
Mine has 340k & I have not touched the clutch. When I bought the GQ it had 177k on it, that was 10years ago. I doubt the clutch would have been changed back then. I know I am probably on borrowed time now. Just as an aside, how many KM do the gearbox's generaly last for?

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
depends how you drive it, if you ride it like a hooker, no long, take care of it, two fold life.
any answer you get will be a very rough guestimate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts